Crown Princess Aisha (Princess Layla in some versions) is the Fairy of Waves. She is the Crown Princess of Andros, as well as its Guardian Fairy. Aisha joins the Winx Club as its sixth member in the second season, and she is an alumna of the Alfea College for Fairies. Aisha is a self-confident and talented athlete who excels at dancing and swimming.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Magical Abilities
- 4 Curiosities
- 5 Transformation Sequences
- 6 Etymology
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Aisha is a dark-skinned girl with a medium brown complexion, long, curly mahogany brown hair, and cerulean eyes. She has very full lips, and often she uses pink lipstick.
In Season 8, Aisha's hair becomes slightly reddish-brown, thanks to newer animation graphics used for the show.
- Her civilian outfit in Season 2 and 3 comprises of a soft purple tank top with a small blue colored spiral wave logo, a khaki miniskirt, khaki hiking boots, and soft purple leg warmers. She sometimes wears a soft pink sleeveless hoodie, accompanied by khaki-trimmed teal colored jeans.
- In Season 4, Aisha wears a lime green tank with a pink patterned shirt over it. Her pants are a slightly darker shade of green with a pink belt and cuffs, pink and green sneakers and a pink and green trimmed headband.
- In Season 5, Aisha sports the same hairstyle of Season 2 and 3 outfits but wears a blue jumpsuit with a purple shirt and knee-length high-heeled boots.
- In Season 6, Aisha wears a slate blue headbands with 3 ribbons on it. She wears a striped shirt inside her slate blue warm blouse. She also wears a white skirt with socks. Her bangs are side-swept styled.
- In Season 7, she wears cyan wool top on top of pale blue shirt. She wears pale pink skirt in dark blue and pink stripes with cyan socks and turquoise shoes. She also has a dark blue tie with a butterfly in a middle. Her hair is in a pair of pigtails trapped by blue holders and her bangs are split in half.
- In Season 8, Aisha's long curly/wavy hair is let down loose (just like her earlier appearances in Seasons 2-5), except she appears to have her bangs swept to the left side. She dons a soft white shirt with lace-like patterns all around, especially a see-through part around her collar, which has two purple buttons. She wears leggings similar to Blooms, but in a teal color, and the patterns become a darker teal, and she wears a criss-cross rope belt. She also wears colorful bangles on one wrist and a lilac necklace with a small purple bag. She finishes the outfit wear a pair of brown boots with stringy designs hanging from a purple cloth around the ankle area.
World of Winx
Aisha dons a bejeweled lavender long-sleeved shirt with a teal blue flowing skirt, gray leggings, and teal and purple ankle boots. Her hair is pulled up into a similar style to her Domino outfit from Seasons 6-7, but her bangs are thinner and side-swept. She sometimes carries a small teal-blue purse around her wrist.
As the Fairy of Waves, Aisha's color theme was originally light-green to green. Now, her colors are turquoise-blue with accents of green, pale pink, and sometimes purple.
She is extremely opinionated and open minded. She is as intuitive like Stella, and when asked to, gives practical and pragmatic advice. She is also a talented dancer, athlete and speaks many different languages. The pixies trust her, and because of that Aisha is one of the few people who know the location of the Pixie Village. Aisha gives practical advice and always provides a shoulder to cry on. She continuously shows this caring nature throughout the show, comforting Musa after her conflict with her father, and calming Flora's nerves when she experiences qualms about her feelings for Helia. However, besides the other girls, she might even be the most sensitive of the crew, notably shown in Season 2 and Season 4. She has also been shown to be rather stubborn and impatient, which can get her into trouble by making her hold grudges and jump to conclusions. This could result from her isolated upbringing growing up, as she didn't really have many friends, aside from the Pixies and Anne, making her come off as a little anti-social at times when she first appeared.
Before the pixies mission in Season 2, Aisha seemed to be a bit boy-shy, getting embarrassed when Brandon called her cute. She also holds some respect for Sky for being a gentleman to her (much to Bloom's initial annoyance) as well as for freeing her from the cavern wall and praising her boarding skills. At the same time, Aisha dislikes Riven the most as she does not appreciate his attitude towards girls, which was why she supported Musa's decision about breaking up with him in Season 3. She considers herself just as good as the Specialists at sports and sword fighting and has similar interests at them. At one point, she even takes control of the Wind Riders from Riven. When Aisha joined forces with Nebula in Season 4, she became the enemy of the rest of the Winx, being ready to allow Nebula to imprison Queen Morgana in the magic mirror where she was condemned to fade into the shadows, and the Wizards of the Black Circle as well even if the Winx tell her that Nabu would never have wished for her to choose Vengeance. They thought that she wanted to avenge the death of Nabu, but she was not cruel enough to go through with it. Throughout the seasons, Aisha has lost her tomboyish side, possibly due to her opening up to the Winx and Nabu, but yet she still loves sports and is still determined and energetic. As she said in her old mood board, "Don't you think a girl can have both a wild heart and a flowing dress?" showing that while she has opened up, she still does not stifle her sporty tomboyish side and still is ready and raring to go on an adventure.
World of Winx
Aisha appears to have retained her original personality from the main series, yet she is noticeably more impatient and impulsive.
- Main article: Morphix (Power)
Aisha, as the Fairy of Waves, has water-based powers. Aisha can control Morphix, a fuchsia-pink colored liquid composed of water molecules that can morph into any shape or form desired. Aisha uses Morphix to create a variety of solid structures such as shields and weapons such as swords, bow staffs, or spears. She can use Morphix as both a solid and liquid substance. Aisha has been shown to manipulate the consistency of her Morphix, with its forms such as bouncing rubber, flowing liquid, sticky goo, insulation barriers, super-powered counter-attacking walls, and more. Aisha has been known to create useful and elaborate things with Morphix, such as an 18th-century cannon hoist for climbing down a cliff. Her Morphix power can also manifest itself into spells, such as attacks. Additionally, as shown in Seasons 3 and 5, Aisha is capable of separating water molecules to allow beings to breath underwater and protect them from oceanic pressure and the cold that comes with it.
Aisha is able to produce slime that trap and immobilize opponents acting as a glue trap and imprison beings in bubbles as well as cushioning falls. Aside from Morphix, Aisha can also manipulate most forms of liquid, such as water and drinks as seen in "Secrets of the Ruby Reef." As the Fairy of Waves, Aisha can also manipulate various aspects of the oceans, such as shifting the tides, controlling ocean currents, and generating tidal waves. She also possesses some weather-related abilities, such as conjuring rain showers, producing clouds for defense, and summoning miniature hurricanes. Her magic is pinkish magenta in color.
Aisha also knows some basic, first-level spells that all fairies can use, such as telekinesis, transmuting objects, and fixing minor messes. She is the most physically gifted of all the Winx, but she is also capable of keeping up with, if not surpassing the Specialists, often demonstrated through her knowledge of various sports such as rock climbing, wind riding, and staffmanship in "The Rise of Tritannus". Being the princess of the Ocean Planet, Aisha is very skilled in many water sports such as swimming, surfing, and windsurfing, but is also a skilled dancer(which was very well noted in "Broken Dreams". Aisha is capable of holding her own in physical combat as she has been seen holding back a mutant and also being the only one of the Winx capable of fighting on par with Tritannus even kicking him in the chin in the process.
World of Winx
Aisha's power is generated from dreams. She retains her title as fairy of fluids, and as such as much more precise control over liquids, mainly water as she is seen controlling lakes and rivers, but also bubbles and foam as she is seen reverting paralyzing foam back into the vents"A Hero Will Come". She can also shape the water into constructs such as hands/fists capable of knocking back opponents and breaking tree trunks in half. Aside from controlling fluids, she is shown to create bubble shields, summon rain showers, and generate tidal waves (and even raise massive volumes of water) capable of flooding an entire area. Her magic appears as translucent light blue/blue-violet bubbles.
Aside from her water powers, she is seen fixing minor problems, transmutation, and telekinesis, the latter of which she has seen more precise control over as she was able to apply pressure to a rock shard. Like all the other Winx, Aisha is capable of sensing other people's talents, very skilled in many sports such as basketball and water skiing, and can also breathe underwater. Her special Onyrix (Form) power allows her to see the presence of others within the water (more commonly known as hydromancy in "Mermaids on Earth".
Her weakness is that she is impulsive and acts without thinking first. Additionally, it is revealed in the episode "Neverland" that the Winx's powers, Bloom's included, are generated from dreams and thus, are closely linked with the World of Dreams. According to the World's Spirit, the Winx will lose their fairy powers should the World of Dreams fall into ruin.
Uses of Magic
- Exclamo - Used to create an ear-shaped passageway in the wall in which audio can be transmitted.
- Convergence Shield Bounce Back and Multiplier - Used along with Stella, and Tecna in "Wizard's Anger" to defend themselves from the Trix.
- Birthday: June 15th
- Astrological Sign: Chimera
- Favorite Color: Light blue
- Favorite Hobby: Swimming, Dancing and Sports!
- Ideal Boyfriend: Loyal and courageous...
- Best Friend: Flora, I can talk to her about anything!
- Favorite Movies: Adventures!
- Loves: Dancing! Any type of dance!
- Favorite Music: Hip hop and Rap
- Favorite Spell: Morphix
- Favorite Food: Spaghetti
- The name Aisha means "she lives" and is Arabic in origin. Aisha was the name of the wife of the Prophet Muhammad of Islam.
- The other name Layla also comes from Arabic, which means "night", but it can also be interpreted as "born at night", "dark-haired beauty" or even "dark beauty".
- Main article: Inspirations and References
- According to Iginio Straffi, creator of the Winx Club (2004-present) series and franchise, Aisha's appearance was modeled on singer Beyoncé Knowles., leader of the musical girl group Destiny's Child
- Even her Magic Winx form resembles that of the camouflage outfits worn in the music video for Survivor.
- According to the prototype of her Pixie Magic doll, she was going to be named "Gladis" in the English dub of the series.
- Aisha has saved the pixies twice.
- Both Stella and Aisha are 17 years old during their first appearances.
- Coming from the planet of water, Aisha excels at water sports.
- Aside from being a professional athlete, she is also a professional dancer. This is evident in most seasons, and that she is also a prima ballerina, as seen in Seasons 5 and 6.
- Aisha is the fastest and most agile of the Winx, as shown in most episodes that she appears in.
- Although she is a princess, Aisha is rebellious; a direct opposite to Stella's behavior as classic princess.
- The Nickelodeon episodes, overseen by Iginio Straffi, keep the original Italian name Aisha.
- There is a color pattern with Aisha while undergoing new transformations, with her fairy outfits alternating between green and turquoise. Her Winx/Charmix was green, her Enchantix was both colors (turquoise in the first half of Season 3 and green in the second half of Season 3), her Believix was turquoise, her Harmonix was green, and her Sirenix, Bloomix, Mythix and Butterflix are turquoise and her Dreamix is green.
- Aisha is the only Winx member whose first love interest was not a Specialist from Red Fountain.
- Despite not appearing in Season 1, she has faced all antagonists thus far.
- A Pixie named Flower from the series PopPixie bears a certain similarity to Aisha.
- Aisha is the first one, and so far, only one from the Winx to hurt Tritannus in battle without magic. She accomplished this by kicking his chin.
- Aisha was the first to bond with a Pixie, a Selkie and a Fairy Animal in the series, and the first to earn her Enchantix.
- Her name was changed to Siofra (pronounced Shee-fra) in the Irish dub, meaning "water fairy".
- She is the most seen Harmonix fairy, as she appears in all three quests in which the Winx earn the three mystical gems to finish the Quest of Sirenix.
- Aisha is the Winx member with the most amount of love interests.
- Aisha's Nickelodeon voice actress, Keke Palmer, also voices her bonded pixie.
- In the characters' description in the French version of the book series, Aisha is the fairy of sports.
- Aisha and Flora are the only Winx members to earn their Enchantix in their respective homeworlds.
- She is the only Winx member whose extended family is shown.
- Aisha and Flora are the only Winx fairies who have not (yet) been turned evil.
- The first was Bloom toward the end of the second season after she was corrupted by Lord Darkar's minion and forced into becoming Dark Bloom.
- The second was Roxy in the Season 4 episode "Nebula" when she is possessed by Nebula.
- The third was Tecna in the Season 5 episode "The Sirenix Book" when she is turned into a robot.
- The fourth was Musa four episodes later in "Secret of the Ruby Reef" when she is turned into a mutant seal by Tritannus.
- The fifth was Stella in the Season 6 episode "Queen for a Day" when her mind is corrupted by Selina's Magic Mirror.
- While not genuinely turning evil, Aisha does turn against the Winx in "Morgana's Secrets" after Nabu's death drives her to vengeance.
- Aisha, Tecna, and Roxy are the only Winx fairies who have not sung a single song.
- She is the first known fairy to be related to a villain.
- Next to Bloom, Aisha has experienced up to two comic-exclusive romances and both last no more than one issue.
- She had fallen for a Specialist named Jordan in Issue 30 but she never dates him due to finding out that he is nothing but a player.
- Her romance with Silvan only lasted for one issue, Issue 71, as she leaves him once she gets tired of him mistreating her.
- Aisha is the only member of the Winx to showcase her special Sirenix spell in the comics; specifically in Issue 109.
- She loves swimming more than anything, but she also loves dancing and doing any kind of sports where she can have fun together with her girlfriends.
- As revealed in "Tiger Lily" and "A Hero Will Come", Aisha's weakness is being impatient.
- In Couture Style, Aisha's hair becomes more chestnut brown than its regular brown color. This was carried over to her Season 8 design.
- Her theme song in the 4Kids dub is Shifting Tides. Its instrumental is heard whenever she transforms into her Magic Winx and Charmix forms.