Winx Club Forever
The Beetleroaches feed off of trash.
The Beetleroaches are large insects with metal-like skin. The Beetleroaches are green and brown and their mother is pink, with a frill on her neck and is the biggest of all the roaches.
The Battle for Magix
Stella, Bloom, Brandon, Sky and Knut end up in Cloud Tower's garbage dump. The roaches come out of their hiding place and attack them until Riven comes to save them. He blasts the queen and she retreats, the other roaches follow suit.
#12: Magic Battle
Beetles Roaches make their debut in Issue 12 after Knut accidentally breaks through one of the walls of the secret passageway connecting all three of Magix's schools that he was traversing with Bloom, Stella, Brandon and Sky. They are referred to as "Scarablatts".
The group of five ends up sliding down Cloud Tower's trash chute and right into the school's garbage dump which causes Stella to lash out at Knut for leading them to such a place. Things only go from bad to worse when the group quickly finds themselves being surrounded by Scarablatts, trash-eating monsters that have made their home in Cloud Tower's garbage dump. Bloom suspects that the Trix may be notified of their arrival if they kill any of the scarablatts so the group tries their best to avoid them. Unfortunately, Brandon gets trapped under another one of the scarablatts until a man covered in a cloak leaps out from the background and attacks her with a stun gun. The man then reveals that he shocked the leader of the scarablatts which caused the rest to scatter. With the scarablatts gone, the man tosses off his cloak and reveals himself to be Riven when Sky questions him. He then goes on to explain that after jumping out of Cloud Tower to escape, he had to disguise himself from the scarablatts and study their movements from afar.
Winx Bloomix Quest
- The name "Beetleroach" is a blend of "beetle" and "roach".
- The Beetleroaches have eight legs like spiders, not six legs like insects.
- The frill of the Queen Beetleroach resembles the collar of Griffin's dress.
- In the Specials, they are called "Dump Roaches".
- In Winx Bloomix Quest, they are called "Scarablata".
- In the comics, they are called "Scarablatts".
- Also in the comics, they do not have a queen like in the animated series. Instead, they have a leader that simply looks like a larger version of regular Beetleroaches.