Kind of, but we have better style.
Princess Bloom is the second princess of Domino, as well as its Guardian Fairy and current Keeper of the Dragon's Flame. She is one of the founding members of the Winx Club, where she is recognized as the group's leader, which also signifies her status as the central protagonist to the Winx Club series as a whole. She is also an alumna of the Alfea College for Fairies as of The Secret of the Lost Kingdom.
- Main article: List of Bloom's Outfits
Bloom is a girl with long orange-red hair that stops just above her knees, pale skin, and large cyan eyes.
Her Season 1 and early to mid-Season 2 civilian outfit is a teal crop top with dark blue trim and pale yellow sleeves with blue slightly flared jeans that have stars on the bottom of the legs. Her shoes are yellow wedge-sandals with straps over the instep.
Her late Season 2, Season 3 and early Season 4 civilian outfit is a blue and white striped midriff top with small pink hearts and a ruffly denim skirt. She also wears a pink arm-band on her left arm and over-the-knee blue socks. Her shoes are dark blue platform boots with white tips and pink laces.
In the rest of Season 4, Bloom wears a pink top with white polka-dots and a blue heart emblem on the top with a puffy blue skirt, and a yellow belt with a pink and white polka-dot bow on it. Her shoes are pink heels with white polka-dots with a blue ankle strap and a yellow ribbon on her toes.
In Season 5, Bloom wears a pink shirt with a blue bodice and blue hearts on the waist with one strap at the top of her shoulder and one strap below her shoulder. She wears a blue necklace with pearls and a blue ribbon. She wears a blue skirt with-above the knee pink socks and blue wrinkled boots. Her hair is pinned back exactly like it is in her Enchantix and has a small bang from the corner of her head with a barrette pulling her hair back.
In Season 6, she wears a white shirt under a pink coat with a plaid pattern gray skirt and a pink bow on her shirt's collar. Her bangs are layered and her hair is braided in a single ponytail-like braid.
In Season 7, she wears a pink shirt with blue and pink stripes under a blue top with a pink skirt above her knees and blue socks. She wears blue colored socks and pink and white colored shoes on high heels. Her hair is long, arranged in a ponytail similar to her Sirenix transformation with a pale pink ribbon with blue and pink stripes similar to her blouse.
In Season 8, she wears a multi-layer dress similar to that of her Enchantix, but of light blue color, on this dress, she wears a blue coat with several details and underneath the dress, she wears blue leggings similar to those used by her in her Sirenix and Bloomix with various flower designs and wears brown high heels that go from the heels. Her hair is down, just like her original form from Season 1-4, but the bangs are much more side-swept and curly.
World of Winx
- Main article: List of Bloom's Outfits/Fairy Forms
As the keeper of the Dragon Flame, many of Bloom's Fairy Forms maintain a theme of fire. Blue stands out as the primary color of a majority of her forms, with pinks and purples acting as accents.
World of Winx
Bloom started off as an insecure girl at the beginning of the series because of her ignorance of her true origins and her strange, yet surprisingly potent powers. Later on, as she learned more about magic and herself, she grew increasingly curious about her past and whom her biological parents are. An escapist by nature, she has a tendency to run away when things get too hard or confusing for her, and can also be impatient and stubborn, with a short temper. Bloom was also impulsive at times, which led to some very bad experiences for both her and her friends. Her greatest strength and greatest weakness was her status as the guardian of the Dragon's Flame. While the Dragon Flame made her arguably the most powerful fairy in the Magic Dimension, it also consistently drew numerous enemies to her such as the Trix, Darkar, Valtor, and the Ancestral Witches.
Despite her flaws, Bloom still has a heart of gold. She cares for all of her friends, allies, and families (both adopted and biological) deeply, and is always willing to help and fight for a good cause. She has shown herself to be selfless, caring, brave and a true capable leader. Bloom is tough when needed to be and always lends a helping hand to people in need.
While in this form, she is very negative, does very bad deeds and obeys Lord Darkar loyally. In this form, Bloom is the absolute opposite of herself: she becomes heartless, abusive, unwilling, mean, selfish, manipulative, mischievous, cruel, and uncaring. To name an example of her obedience to Darkar, she steals the Codex fragment from Alfea for Darkar. She made other appearances in the last three episodes of Season 2, when Darkar discovered that he needed the powers of light and darkness to claim the Ultimate Power of Relix.
Thanks to Sky confessing his deep love for her, Bloom manages to use her healing power on everyone affected by Darkar's magic, including herself, thus freeing herself from Darkar's control and returning to normal. She returns the Ultimate Power to Relix, and joins her friends in a Charmix Convergence that destroys Lord Darkar and his fortress.
When she was still a baby, her kingdom was attacked by the Ancestral Witches, Valtor, and Mandragora who destroyed Domino by turning it into a frozen abandoned planet. Daphne sent her sister to Earth to protect her as well as the Dragon Flame.
On Earth, Bloom appeared in a building that her adoptive father, Mike, a firefighter, was dousing. Mike rescued Bloom and he and his wife Vanessa, a florist, eventually adopted her. Bloom grew up to have an uneventful childhood, and since she was only a baby, had no recollection of her true origins. She and Selina were close friends during their childhood and they used to play together in the Forest of Flowers. In her youth, she received a gift, her pet rabbit, Kiko, and met her nemesis, Mitzi. She also dated a boy named Andy.
Bloom was on a school holiday, enjoying some time in a local park in Gardenia where she meets Stella, a fairy who encourages her to go to Alfea, the school for fairies. Bloom manages to get into Alfea with the aid of Stella's trickery where she meets Flora, (with whom she shares a dormitory room with for the next three seasons and Season 5) along with Tecna and Musa. Stella suggests they go for pizza, which Bloom states is the national dish of Callisto.
While ordering their food, Bloom tries to use her cell phone, but it would not work. Tecna takes it - laughs at the "ancient technology", to Bloom's surprise, as she referred to it as the newest model on Earth. During the apology, Bloom finds that the technology of Earth is slower than that of Magix. The apology by Tecna allows Bloom to borrow Tecna's card and calls her mom.
Shortly after, while still in Magix, Bloom spies Knut, who was working for a trio of witches known as the Trix, and had attacked her and Stella in Gardenia. Bloom follows Knut to the Trix, and they attack her since she had been spying on them, and Stella, Flora, Musa, and Tecna come to her rescue. This is where they also learn that Bloom is not Varanda of Callisto, but Bloom of Earth. After constant attacks from the Trix, the Winx gain the attention of Miss Faragonda, the headmistress of Alfea. After an attack on Musa in Magix, the girls learned that the reason for the constant fighting was that the Trix were seeking to get the power of the Dragon Flame, and after a fight in which Bloom unleashed an enormous amount of energy, they were soon convinced that Bloom had it.
Unfamiliar with the term Dragon Flame, she sought the guidance of her headmistress and was told the history of Domino. Bloom herself would not know that she had this power or that she is the last princess of Domino until the Trix later succeeded in taking it, leading to a series of journeys for Bloom to regain what she had lost.
These journeys include a trip to Domino where Daphne gives Bloom a crown showing her the history of the fall of Domino and Lake Roccaluce where Daphne's spirit resides. At Lake Roccaluce, Daphne reveals to Bloom that the Trix did not take the Dragon Flame from Bloom but that it was still in her and that she was unable to use her powers because she was having doubts of herself, this gives Bloom the courage and the strength to go back to Alfea and help her friends. Bloom successfully beats Icy with her newly found power.
A new fairy, Aisha, the princess of Andros, joins the Winx after stumbling onto the Alfea grounds and being discovered by Bloom and the other Winx after the opening ceremony for the Winx's second year. Her pixie, Piff came along with her. The rest of the pixies were at Shadow Haunt, captured by Darkar. Aisha, Bloom, and Stella go on a special mission with the help of Sky and Brandon to rescue the rest of the pixies. After the pixies were rescued, they went back to Alfea, where every Winx girl bonded with a pixie. Bloom bonded with Lockette, the Pixie of Portals. Also, a new teacher, Professor Avalon, comes along and takes a special interest in Bloom. Tecna and her bonded pixie Digit think that Professor Avalon is the Angel of Doom in "Professor Avalon's Secret".
In "Pixie Village", Bloom receives the temporary power-up, Charmix after she encourages her friends to save themselves and by letting go of her impulsiveness. Near the end of Season 2, it was revealed that the Professor Avalon at Alfea was a fake one who was taking orders from Darkar, and captures Bloom and puts her in a dark spell and turns her into Dark Bloom. Darkar and Dark Bloom use the Codex to open the magical portal to enter the Realm of Relix where Dark Bloom summons the Ultimate Power of Relix so that Darkar can absorb it. Sky tells Bloom that he loves her and Bloom's love for Sky makes her healing powers turn her from Dark Bloom back into her real self and heal everyone. She fights against Darkar with the Winx and defeats him with a Charmix Convergence.
Bloom goes with the rest of the Winx to Andros to help Aisha, but meets Valtor, who is revealed to be an evil wizard that aided the Ancestral Witches in the destruction of the planet Domino and was later imprisoned in the Omega Dimension until the Trix freed him.
Bloom is invited to Eraklyon by Sky for the celebration of the Kingdom of Eraklyon's Thousand Year Anniversary, where he tells her that he will make an announcement. In "A Disloyal Adversary", Sky reveals that his announcement will be an official proclamation of his love for Bloom and plans to marry her, but they get separated from each other due to the preparations for the upcoming party. At the party, just before Sky makes his big announcement, Diaspro asks him to have a toast with her and cunningly corrupts his mind by giving him a drink with a love potion in it; a love potion given to her by Valtor. Sky then proclaims his love for his one and only: Princess Diaspro. Bloom gets shocked and starts crying, but when the Winx try to ask Sky for an explanation, Diaspro tells him that the Winx are witches that serve Valtor. Sky orders his guards to attack them and also tries to attack the Winx himself, but thanks to Aisha's new Enchantix powers, she manages to create a wall which saves them all. Later, the Winx sneak into the Eraklyon Royal Palace, where Stella turns Sky back to normal using her Fairy Dust to break the dark spell he was under.
After Tecna had vanished into the Omega Portal, apparently never to be seen or heard from again, and Bloom suffered a defeat in an attempt to destroy Valtor in order to avenge her friend, she decided that she needed to become stronger and earn her Enchantix powers, leading to Miss Faragonda sending Bloom to Pyros, where she would meet the sorceress Maia. Maia taught Bloom how to focus all her energy on one target. Later on, the Trix attacked Pyros and, during this attack, Bloom became one with the power of the Dragon which caused her to gain her Enchantix, allowing her to defeat the Trix. Bloom and Sky reconcile after she returns from Pyros and they move on to save Tecna. She also learned that the Ancestral Witches created Valtor from a small fragment of the Dragon Fire.
Near the end of the season, Valtor invaded Alfea to claim their strongest magic spells, and the girls had recently acquired the Water Stars from the Golden Kingdom. When Bloom was about to destroy him using the power of the Water Stars, he prevented her from doing so by telling her that Oritel and Marion were trapped within his own body. This was later revealed to be a hoax after Bloom visited the Crypt of the Ancestral Witches in Cloud Tower. With the truth revealed, two episodes later, Bloom ventured into another dimension, where she faced off against Valtor and extinguished the essence of his Dragon's Flame with her Fairy Dust, destroying him forever.
At the start of the season, Miss Faragonda invites Bloom and the other Winx girls back to Alfea to teach new students, because they have all achieved full Enchantix status. Although nervous, Bloom is also ecstatic to be back at Alfea, but stunned at her newfound fame, after so many fangirls come to see the Winx.
Miss Faragonda informs the Winx of a new form after Enchantix, called "Believix". Bloom and her friends then go and teach their first class (which Tecna dubs as "Winxology"). After Flora is injured during a demonstration of their Enchantix powers due to a prank by a student.Bloom is attacked by four mysterious men who call themselves the Wizards of the Black Circle, who believe she is the last fairy of Earth, not knowing she is actually from Domino and tries to capture her. Bloom's powers are useless against them and she is injured. Faragonda then tells the Winx about the Earth Fairies and how the Wizards of the Black Circle captured almost all of them, causing magic to disappear from Earth.
The Winx make a journey to Earth to find the last fairy of Earth. They stay in Gardenia with Bloom's adoptive parents, Mike and Vanessa. Vanessa helps them kick start their new business, Love & Pet, which also serves as their home. When they finally find the last fairy of Earth, Roxy, it is easier for Bloom and Roxy to relate because both of them were originally on Earth when they first learned that they were fairies. Bloom, along with the other girls, earn their Believix the moment that Roxy says that she believes in magic and fairies. Bloom had to deal with another problem as well, dealing with her boyfriend and ex-boyfriend, Andy, because Sky was jealous of her having some time with Andy.
The Winx girls then travel to the island from Roxy's vision to help Roxy, find her connection with the Earth Fairies. They arrive on the island of Tir Nan Og sealed within the White Circle. Upon arriving, a mysterious figure keeps calling out to Roxy and a dark force soon abducts the Winx, taking them to the prison of all Earth's Fairies. Upon defeating the force and undoing the lock that keeps the fairies imprisoned. Everything seems back to normal, but then the Fairies of Earth declare that they want revenge against those that imprisoned them, thus driving a war against humanity. The Winx must go against Diana, the Major Fairy of Nature, who begins the revenge by targeting humans, starting with the ones in Gardenia. Diana literally turns the city into a jungle, having her plants attack people and wrap them up, even letting giant spiders loose. The Winx must deal with the powerful Fairy of Nature, but must also contend with Diana kidnapping the specialists, except for Nabu, who held strong against Diana. In the process, they learn from Miss Faragonda that there is another level of transformation for a fairy and that they would get three Gifts of Destiny.
Despite wanting to destroy Valtor last year, Bloom wants the Wizards of the Black Circle to get fair trial instead of getting destroyed since the Wizards asked for help from the Winx, and it is the sacred duty of all fairies to protect all those who ask for help from them, even if they are their enemies.
Bloom was strictly against Morgana's goal to get revenge on humans as well. As her Believix powers were not enough against Morgana's fairies, Faragonda sent Bloom and others to gain the three gifts of destiny, Sophix and Lovix and lastly the Black Gift. When Aurora, the Major Fairy of the North, attacked. Bloom asked Morgana to allow her to fight Nebula, the conditions being that if Bloom won then the Earth Fairies would stop their revenge against the humans, but if Nebula won then the Earth Fairies would be free to continue their revenge. Bloom eventually won and Morgana kept her promise and stopped her revenge, and in the end, decided to give the Wizards a fair trial. But Bloom did not know that the Wizards were plotting against them the whole time as they spelled Black Circle, so that it would suck every Earth Fairy inside it at once. This was stopped by Nabu, who had to sacrifice himself in order to seal the Black Circle for good. After Nabu's death, Aisha, even though Bloom said it was not the right way, joins the Warrior Fairies to avenge her love. Bloom and the other Winx went after Aisha and Nebula to the Omega Dimension, where they defeated Wizards of the Black Circle for good.
In "The Spill", Bloom was seen in Gardenia to help the others to stop the oil spill, but unfortunately, they did not manage to clean it all. This led Bloom to make a decision about inspiring people to clean up Gardenia's beach through music. As they were cleaning up the beach, they were attacked by Tritannus' mutants and the Trix, which Bloom and the others overpowered easily with their Believix powers. However, they were easily defeated by Tritannus, himself. Bloom and the others realized that Believix is not strong enough underwater and they should ask Faragonda about a new power, which led them on a quest for Sirenix.
According to Faragonda, Daphne was the last fairy to gain Sirenix. Bloom went to ask about it from Daphne, herself. Daphne, at first, did not want Bloom to search for Sirenix, because the Ancestral Witches cursed the transformation. But Bloom convinced her that she cannot protect her anymore, so Daphne told Bloom where Sirenix Book was. Tritannus sent the Trix to attack the Winx at the Magic Archive and during the fight, Sky hit his head and got amnesia.
In "The Lilo", Headmistress Faragonda sent Bloom and others to Gardenia in order to find the powerful flower called Lilo. The Winx had to plant it in the ground before someone would use its powers for evil. The Trix were aware of the Winx's plan and planned to take the Lilo's powers to defeat Winx. However, with their Believix powers, Bloom had been able to defeat the Trix once again.
In "The Power of Harmonix", when Bloom is jogging Sky's memories, Krystal comes and re-introduces Diaspro to him, which makes Bloom jealous and sad. She helps other Winx to search Sirenix Book. After they found it, all of them gain Sirenix Boxes and become Harmonix fairies.
In "The Shimmering Shells", Bloom, Aisha, and Stella continue their quest in the search for the Shimmering Shells at Andros. They met a Selkie named, Lemmy who then bonds with Aisha, with Bloom realizing it was a bond between fairy and selkie. Aisha asked Lemmy if she could take her to find the Shimmering Shells. After they enter, the clams (Shimmering Shells) opened their mouths and releases the pollution. Afterwards, they see themselves in an illusion. Bloom sees Diaspro, who laughs at Bloom because Sky would not forget her if he would care about her. Thanks to Aisha, she is able to awaken to reality. Afterwards, Bloom suggests that if they could let the clams shimmer by using their Harmonix Powers. After the pollution is away, Shimmering Shells grants them another riddle for their quest of Sirenix. Afterwards, we see Bloom and Sky talking. Sky says that he realized something while talking to Diaspro. Then Bloom says, "You remember her?" "You care about her?" and Sky says no and then says that she (Diaspro) is boring and laughs. Moreover, Bloom receives a message from her mother, Vanessa. Vanessa tells them that there is something wrong with the ocean. Bloom, Tecna, and Musa go to Gardenia. While Aisha, Stella, and Flora go to the Ocean of Solaria. The Trix, helped by Tritannus' monsters are releasing more toxic pollution to the ocean, so that Tritannus would grow stronger. The Trix are surprised of Bloom's new Harmonix powers and are soon defeated. Bloom, like others, receives Gem of Self-Confidence, one of three gems they have to earn before gaining Sirenix.
When there are only ten days left before the lunar cycle is over (and the Winx would lose their powers if not gaining Sirenix in that time). The Sirenix Book appears, giving another riddle for them. While Musa, Stella, and Aisha travel to Melody, Bloom stays in Alfea to guide them with Tecna and Flora.
In "The Gem of Empathy", Bloom hears Daphne cry for help in a dream. She then travels with Aisha and Tecna to the underwater castle of Zenith where she realizes that in order for them to get the Gem of Empathy, they will have to work together to stop the guards.
Bloom stays at Alfea with Aisha and Tecna during the Annual Wind Rider competition. She fights off the hover bikes that have been transformed into lions by the Trix.
She later goes to Domino for a ceremony that celebrates Sky's bravery for saving Domino. Bloom along with Stella, Flora, and Aisha go underwater to the Yellow Reef to obtain the Gem of Courage. She bonds with Serena and then grabs the Gem of Courage out of the monster's mouth. She, along with the rest of the Winx earned Sirenix in "Sirenix" and entered the Infinite Ocean along with their selkies. Throughout the rest of the series, Daphne warned Bloom about many of Tritannus' plans to attack the Pillars of the Infinite Ocean. While Tritannus managed to get two out of three seals, he needed to activate the Emperor's throne, the Winx destroyed the third one, leaving Tritannus empty-handed. Also Bloom is concerned about royalties of the Magical Dimension from an alliance not forming against Tritannus. Also Diaspro, who opposes the alliance just because Bloom proposes it, comes between her and Sky by interrupting them in Domino and prevents their communication at Eraklyon. Sky later apologizes to Bloom and the alliance is formed. Diaspro loses her status and swore revenge on Bloom. Bloom soon learned about Politea, Daphne's friend who betrayed her and was turned into a monster by the Sirenix Curse and tries to go rescue her before Icy gets her powers. Even though Bloom prevents Icy's attempts, Darcy and Stormy, who have left Tritannus, and takes Politea's Sirenix powers instead.
When Tritannus attacked the Pillar of Light again, Bloom told Serena to go free Daphne and Aisha, and that she and Nereus would take care of Tritannus. Bloom used her spell to destroy Tritannus' trident and watched with the rest of the Winx as Tritannus was banished to the depths of Oblivion for his sinister actions. Having pleased fate, Bloom's Guardian of Sirenix appeared and asked what her wish was. Bloom wished that the Sirenix Curse would be broken forever, which restores Daphne's body.
The Winx then have a concert. Bloom, Daphne, and her adoptive and biological parents share a big hug, their family now reunited.
Bloom is reunited with her sister, Daphne and her family in Domino. She, along with the other Winx girls, help Daphne get ready for Domino's upcoming party. At the party, the Trix suddenly crash the party and bring the Beast of the Depths to attack Daphne. Bloom and the Winx transform and attempt to defeat it, but fail. The Winx then go seek the "Inspiration of Sirenix" to restore Daphne's confidence in her power. They then travel to Lake Roccaluce and try to find the "source," until they realize that they were the Inspiration of Sirenix. They then encounter the Trix again and defeat them. Back in Domino, while the Winx try to inspire Daphne, Bloom was captured by the beast. Finally, Daphne manages to transform into her Sirenix and drives the Beast away. The party ends with the Winx celebrating by flying in the sky, showing their powers.
The Winx, confused about all the random students walking out of Stella's room, go to check on her where it is shown that she has opened a boutique. Stella then grants the Winx brand new clothes, too.
At Faragonda's speech, the pixies arrive, announcing that it was Faragonda's 100 years anniversary party. As they celebrate, the pixies get a call that Pixie Village was under attack by the Gloomy Wood Trolls. The Winx come along with the pixies, too.
They fight the trolls, but at the end, the Gloomy Wood Troll disappear and take most of the pixies from Pixie Village with them. Bloom attempts to track them but did not succeed, as that now the Pixies no longer existed in the Magic Dimension.
In "The Flying School", the Winx had just woken up, and they got a call from Timmy to go to Linphea. The Winx arrived at Linphea College and watched the Specialists dueling with the Paladins. A few moments later, the Treants attacks. The Winx goes to Cloud Tower to find the source of the evil magic and fought the Trix and the witches.
When they find the source, which is the Legendarium, and they attacked it. However, due to that action, they lost their powers, except for Bloom. Later, Bloom gives each of the Winx a part of her Dragon's Flame to give them a little bit of strength.
Later, In "Bloomix Power" and "The Golden Auditorium", the Winx (except Bloom) earn their Bloomix powers as Flora who saved Miele in the grip of the Treant, Meanwhile Stella and Aisha earn their Bloomix powers in the same time after their bravery and quick thinking of defeating the Flying Basilisk.
Moreover, Bloom is struggling with the Trix at Cloud Tower knowing that her Sirenix powers are hinted to be slowly weakening. Later, during in the Pandemonium Cave, Musa and Tecna acquired their Bloomix powers after their quick thinking of defeating the Pandemonium Sprite.
In the "Vortex of Flames", Bloom and her friends were invited to Domino for Daphne's coronation ceremony. However, Bloom begins to collapse due to lack of power and needs recharging, so Sky and Thoren come to their aid. To make matters worse, Diaspro (sent as an undercover member of the Trix) intends to annihilate and tells them that the Vortex of Flames is the only thing that can help Bloom to restore powers. Later, Bloom defeats the five-headed dragon by using her inner dragon thus winning her Bloomix.
In "The Lost Library", the Winx go to Alexandria, Egypt to find Eldora's Diary in order locked up the Legendarium. Then, Selina is revealed to be an old friend of Bloom. Bloom was happy to reunite with his old friend, completely unaware of her status as a Witch and the current antagonist. Later, the Winx travel to China to find Lu Wei in order to know the whereabouts of Eldora. However, Lu Wei gave the Winx a rare plant which belongs to Eldora.
In "The Secret Greenhouse", Selina join the Winx in their quest to stop the Trix. At the Greenhouse, Flora was poisoned, and Bloom and Selina go off to get an antidote while the rest of the Winx deal with a Venus Flytrap monster. Bloom then receives a potion from Selina to give to Flora, but was quickly stopped by Helia, much to her confusion. Sky and the other Specialists arrive to warn Bloom that Selina is the latest threat, as warned by a now recovered Griffin. Bloom became horrified realizing how close she came to unknowingly kill Flora. After the incident, Bloom became traumatized over what she almost did and felt responsible for endangering her friends because she trusted Selina, resulting in her deciding to leave Alfea.
In Gardenia, Bloom is depressed about why Selina despite being her friend was against her and recalled a picture of her and her friend when they were children playing in the Forest of Flowers, given the answer that Eldora is here. On the streets of Gardenia, Bloom saves the Pixies who came and to see her because the Winx girls felt overwhelmed and saddened by her departure.
They say that vampires are behind them and the Gothic festival also charmed some party guests. Without the presence of the other Winx, Bloom and the Pixies are cornered by vampires. Bloom then tries to save her home from a few vampires, by luring the vampires to the Gardenia Park. When it seemed that they almost get defeated, the Winx managed to get there in time to save Bloom and the Pixies. Afterwards, bloom apologized for the entire ordeal with Selina. They say they found about the flower being Lenugia, but Bloom managed to also find the location of the plant being at the Forest of Flowers and Stella also recalls that the park was where she met Bloom. Later, Bloom and her friends (except Stella) were kidnapped by vampires to steal their powers but Stella has defeated the vampires, and in the end, Bloom and her friends enter a Gothic Fashion show and win, then Stella gives her trophy to Bloom saying the Winx reunited.
In "The Fairy Godmother", the Winx had a pizza party at Bloom's house once they made all the pizzas for everyone and they had a big cheer for Bloom. Meanwhile at Cloud Tower, Selina was talking with Acheron, but then Stormy asked her to come to Miss Griffin's office and they watched the Winx having a pizza party. Bloom shows one of her childhood drawings to the Winx and her parents. They were walking to Eldora's cottage further on the way they saw a lot of Lenugias, they arrived at the cottage and the Fairy Godmother and the Winx had a tea party while talking about the history of her, Selina, and the Legendarium. Meanwhile, the Trix were planning to attack.
Once the Trix came they started to battle, just then Selina summoned some Ectoplasm Specters to help the Trix fight but, then Eldora used her power on the flowers to destroy the Ectoplasm Specters and the Trix left Earth. Bloom invited Eldora to come to her house because the Trix know about Eldora's cottage.
In "Mythix", the Winx needed a way to get to the Legendarium World and lock the book for good then Eldora helps them to gain the power of Mythix but they need to go to Tir Nan Og College to get the Ancestral Wands. They reunited with Nebula and she showed them the wands just then the Trix and some other Witches started to attack the college. The Winx started to attack the Trix and the Witches Bloom went inside to help the Fairies to attack the Witches just then Selina started an attempt to steal a piece of Blooms's Dragon Flame but then Bloom stopped her she went back to help the others. Icy used an Ice spell and it chased Bloom near the wands Bloom destroyed the powerful necklace that was making the Trix powerful they left Tir Nan Og College the Winx and Eldora went back to the wands and they were holding and they transformed they entered the Legendarium World, the Doorway told them the only way to lock the Legendarium. They went back to Alfea to see where they should search for theFantasy Emerald, which is the first step in locking the Legendarium and then they had a Mother's Day party.
More Coming Soon...
Bloom is on summer vacation away from school. One day, she goes to the park and finds Stella battling an ogre named Knut and his ghouls. She seems to be losing. But Bloom walks out from hiding, and shouts "Let her go!" Knut sends the ghouls after Bloom but she shouts, "Get back!" and is somehow able to create a magical energy shield that wards off the ghouls.
Later on in the battle, Knut somehow walks away and was defeated by Bloom by her mystical powers. She let her Fire Dragon inside her, come out. After the battle, Stella faints and Bloom with her pet Kiko (a rabbit), manages to bring Stella to their house. At Bloom's house, Knut with his ghouls and a troll, fought again with Bloom and Stella. They somehow win because of the help of the Specialists and that is the day when Bloom first meets Sky.
Bloom joins Stella at Alfea and meets three other girls; Flora, Tecna and Musa. Later on they form the Winx. Together the other girls saved Bloom from the Trix when Bloom follows Knut and spies on the Trix. Later on, the Winx find new adventures in Magix.
Griselda gives the Winx a special assignment, to clean the school without their powers while the rest of the school goes to an outing. When Faragonda arrives, and stops the Trix's monster and talks to them, and then sends them to Cloud Tower, Faragonda then gives the Winx their magic back. Lastly, when she went into the chamber, the Trix came and tried to know if Bloom has the power of the Dragon Flame, but it was not mentioned. The Trix attack Kiko, Bloom's pet, into the lava. She transforms into a fairy and makes the Trix go away.
Bloom dreams about a mysterious figure named Daphne. Bloom recognizes her from a display board in Magix City. Stella suggests to look her up in the library. Bloom does so, and learns that Daphne is not a fairy, but a nymph, the Nymph of Magix. The girls leave Alfea and return home for Spring Break.
Bloom returns home to Earth and bonds with her parents. While on Earth, Bloom dreams about her father rescuing a baby - unharmed in a fire. The next morning, Mike tells Bloom that the baby she saw, was her. Bloom then realizes this means that she is not Mike and Vanessa's daughter. Back at Alfea, Ms. Faragonda decides to show Bloom a vivid place, the lake where Daphne resides in. While in Magix City, Bloom tells Sky, that she wants to go to the library in Cloud Tower. Sky agrees to help her get in. While at Cloud Tower, Bloom learns that she is actually a witch. Stella, Flora, Tecna, and Musa are worried about Bloom, where she never came back the night before.
Bloom wakes up in the forest. While, in the forest Bloom meets Mirta, one of the witches from Cloud Tower. Mirta tells Bloom that the Trix tricked her into believing that she was a witch, which means that she is still a fairy. The other Winx girls transform into fairies to search for Bloom. When the Trix find Bloom and Mirta, they begin to attack, the Winx girls arrive and free Bloom and Mirta from Icy's frozen ice prison. Bloom transforms into a fairy, but she is knocked down. Mirta gets angry and creates a huge monster that breaks Stormy's trap. This causes Icy to get mad at Mirta, and Icy transforms her into a pumpkin. Bloom, later calls Sky and tells him it was all a trick from the Trix.
Bloom arrives at Red Fountain to find Sky with another girl, Princess Diaspro, but Bloom thinks it is another trick from the Trix. Bloom transforms into a fairy and fights Diaspro. Bloom soon finds out it was not a trick from the Trix, and that Diaspro is Sky's fiancée. Bloom feels like, she has made a complete fool of herself and leaves Alfea and returns home to Earth.
Stormy finds Bloom and follows her and sees her leave. They seize this opportunity to attack her in Gardenia. While at home, Bloom finds the Trix threatening the lives of Mike and Vanessa, Bloom saves them. The Trix tell Bloom why they are after her saying that Daphne is her sister, and she brought her to Earth to protect her. The Trix summon the vacuums and steal Bloom's power of the Dragon Flame.
After the Trix take her powers, Bloom goes back to Alfea and sits out of battle. She, along with Stella, Sky, Brandon and Knut head to Cloud Tower with Riven (who was now useless to Darcy) and confront the Trix. She and Sky then escape from Cloud Tower. After she and Sky went in separate directions, Bloom was able to regain her powers, save Sky and join her friends in the final battle. She faced Icy one-on-one while the rest of the Winx faced Darcy and Stormy. Bloom managed to beat her rival. She and Sky have their first kiss. She then joins the celebration with her friends.
When Bloom, Stella, and Aisha went and found the Pixies, they were hit by the Trix in their Gloomix but a paladin helped them by making the Trix go away. After that, two pixies named; Lockette and Amore bonded with Bloom and Stella. Next when the paladin, Avalon, came to Alfea school to be as a teacher, he gave her some tips about her birth parents. When Sky saw Bloom and Avalon together, Bloom was mad at him because of his jealousy. Then when Avalon kidnapped Bloom, who was actually the Shadow Phoenix and he turned her into Dark Bloom. Lastly, he used her to read the Spell of Relix. Sky came up to her, telling her that he loves her and she must break through the Shadow Phoenix's spell. After that, her heart was able to break the spell, and together, she and the Winx converge to destroy The Shadow Phoenix. Soon at the end of the show, Sky and Bloom kissed.
With Valtor defeated and the Magical Dimension safe, Bloom and her friends begin their search for Bloom's parents, King Oritel and Queen Marion of Domino. The girls sought out Hagen, the swordsmith who forged the Sword of Oritel, but after a small skirmish, he stated that he was unable to help Bloom in any way.
Back on Earth, Daphne visits Bloom through a dream, saying that she is not alone and that she must go on a quest to Domino and search for Mountain of the Roc to search for clues about their parents' whereabouts. She also gives her mask to her sister to see the past Domino.
Later in the movie, Bloom finds out, after confronting an evil sorceress named Mandragora, that Oritel's wife was absorbed inside the sword that Hagen had fashioned to be, "fit for a king" before Domino meets its end. However, only a King can remove the sword and restore the entire realm to normal.
Angered, the Ancestral Witches call Mandragora and possess her. They choke Bloom, but to their shock, Sky has already stabbed them with the sword and Bloom, along with Daphne, blasts a fire beam to them. During the process, Bloom finally completes her Enchantix. To Bloom's surprise, Sky states that his father has abdicated his throne for him. And so, Sky releases the sword from the stone. At the end, Sky also (supposedly) proposes to Bloom, and she accepts almost instantly. But by destroying the Obsidian Dimension, the Ancestral Witches are freed. They search for younger bodies to accomplish their plans and they find the Trix.
Bloom is having a good time enjoying her new life as the Princess of Domino. However, she does not seem to be too fond of her responsibilities as a princess and feels somehow "trapped". Her father gives Bloom a horse named Peg, and her mother gives her a riding suit so she can ride Peg. Bloom and Peg go out for a ride and meets up with Sky. Sky asks Bloom to marry him and Bloom is overjoyed and tells her parents. A news reporter hears the news and broadcasts it. The Winx hears the news and wonders why Bloom did not tell them first. But two days later, Sky tells Bloom, that they can not marry each other which saddens Bloom and angers her father. The Winx came in time to cheer up Bloom and help her choose her prince (which her father chose).
Sky comes in disguise and Bloom is curious to why he broke off their engagement. Sky tries to explain their Kingdoms conflicts in the past.
But Bloom's father figures out that Sky was wearing the disguise and bans him from coming to the castle again. Bloom is very upset, and goes to Gardenia with the Winx to her adoptive parents, who welcome them in. Bloom and the Winx then lose their powers because the Trix destroyed the positive energy. Later, Bloom with the help of her five best friends, decide to face the Trix, and regains their powers. The Winx then face off the Trix together and then defeat them by summoning the immeasurably incomparable energy and power of the Great Dragon.
World of Winx
In World of Winx, Bloom works for a reality talent show called WOW as a talent scout alongside the rest of Winx. While she works as a talent scout, Bloom and the Winx have also been investigating strange instances of talented young people being kidnapped by someone they have dubbed as "The Talent Thief." Bloom's talent for drawing also makes a return and this talent of hers comes in rather handy as she is able to sketch pictures of important clues, people and evidence.
Going about their usual routine in the first episode, the Winx come across a waitress named Annabelle, who has a natural singing talent. They manage to convince her to perform for WOW but, during her performance, many strange things happen: the Winx seem to gain a strange power and Annabelle suddenly goes missing. Bloom and the girls try to focus all their efforts into finding where Annabelle was taken and later find out that she, as well as the other kidnapped talents, have been taken into the World of Dreams. Bloom is also able to make contact with Annabelle on multiple occasions. However, as the Winx continue to search for Annabelle, they end up being pursued by a pair of detectives believe that they are behind the singer's abduction.
The Winx continue to discover more about the Talent Thief and the World of Dreams as they scout new talents and attempt to prevent them from becoming the Thief's next victims with the help of their new Dreamix powers. However, their job as talent scouts makes it increasingly harder to keep magic a secret, which greatly gets to Bloom's nerves as she often lashes out at Ace, the show's host and the Winx's boss, instead of trying to compromise with him. This is especially apparent in "The Fashion Week," as Bloom lashes out at Ace since they needed to rescue Nadine before she became the Talent Thief's newest victim. However, in the same episode, Bloom manages to humiliate herself and, even worse, Ace, on live TV. This causes Bloom to be fired from WOW and she is promptly replaced by Lorelei the very next day (the beginning of "The Chef Contest").
This ends up being more of a blessing than a curse as Bloom is now much more free to investigate the World of Dreams, the Talent Thief and the Magic Watch while the Winx search for more talented kids to protect. However, it does not take long before Bloom ends up butting heads with Evans and Gómez as they take the opportunity of Bloom no longer working on WOW to spy on her (and the Winx) as much as possible. In order to successfully investigate away from prying eyes, Bloom seeks assistance from Roxy, as she and her dog, Arthur are able to keep the detectives' attention away from her. Also during her solo investigation, Bloom comes across a mysterious man who had initially been hiding out in Annabelle's apartment.
Bloom finally decides to pursue Evans and Gómez to retrieve the Magic Watch that they had previously recovered from Annabelle's apartment as seen in the episode "Dangerous Waters"; this time, with more of a direct helping-hand from Roxy. During the fairies' pursuit, the Watch is taken by a mysterious man, which forces Bloom and Roxy to divert their attention towards him. The fairy duo manage to corner the man but, unfortunately, the Watch is broken during the man's escape attempt. Left with no other clues or any idea on what to do now, the man whose name is Jim offers to assist Bloom and Roxy.With no other leads, Bloom accepts Jim's offer as the two of them spend the entirety of the episode "Shadows on the Snow" working together; trekking through the snowy mountains of Switzerland in search of someone only known as "The Watchmaker." After escaping some traps by the skin of their teeth, Bloom and Jim successfully make it to the Watchmaker's Tower but it turns out that they were being tracked by not only Smee, but the pair of detectives as well. This leaves the two of them to fight off Smee's mob of Zombie Pirates, as seen in the episode "The Watchmaker." The fight even escalates to a point where Bloom is forced to transform in front of Jim, Evans and Gómez, revealing her fairy identity, and call in the rest of the Winx for back up. Unfortunately, Bloom is subdued by Smee and his Zombie Pirates and is taken into the World of Dreams before the Winx arrive.
In the final episode of the season, "The Fall of the Queen," Bloom and Jim are presented to the Queen of the World of Dreams as her latest prisoners. Once the Queen speaks, Bloom immediately recognizes her voice to be Annabelle's, to which Jim reveals that the Queen can steal other people's talents. The Queen then takes them to a strange, budded tree and showcases her collection of stolen talents. This makes Bloom enraged and she begins to tell off the Queen for doing so many terrible deeds. Her words seem to strike a chord in the Queen as she quietly reveals that she is only taking the talents of her prisoners as "payment" for the dream that was taken from her, but before Bloom can inquire about this dream, the Queen has her shadows place Bloom amongst the imprisoned talents to steal her fire powers.
Bloom remains trapped within her new bud prison unable to break free, until Jim sneaks up to the branch of her bud to cut her loose while the Winx are keeping the Queen occupied. Now free, Bloom flies towards the Queen to rescue her friends by knocking her down with a fire blast. Bloom's strike against the Queen was so powerful that it renders her unable to speak and she and the Winx turn to realize that the talents are being freed from their prisons.
Once all the talents have been rescued, Bloom and the Winx prepare to leave the World of Dreams to return to Earth. She assures Jim that they will always be there to help him once he chooses to stay behind and thanks him for everything he has done. Using the portal Jim created with the Magic Watch, the Winx and talents safely make it to the WOW Studio for the finals, during which Ace welcomes her back to the WOW Team and Evans and Gómez declare Annabelle's missing persons case to be closed, with no mention of the magical shenanigans that went on.
- Main article: Dragon's Flame
Bloom, as Fairy of the Dragon Flame, has fire-based powers. Bloom's spells can manifest in the form of fire dragons, fireballs, fire beams, firestorms, and explosions of varying intensities. She also has displayed fire-based offensive spells such as firewalls and flame shields. She has been shown to have emphatic abilities like seeing people's true natures. She also has a mental connection with her elder sister Daphne which is only shown while she was in her spirit form (after Daphne regained her body this connection was most likely unnecessary). Daphne is able to contact Bloom, usually in her sleep as a dream but sometimes she appears to her in a vision (as shown in Season 5). Bloom was also able to sense Valtor whose power was of the same nature.
The intensity and strength of Bloom's magic is proportional to her emotional state. Her powers are at their strongest when she gets angry as shown in "A Magix Christmas" where she summoned a fire dragon after the Trix ruined her Christmas celebration. In the most intense situations, she can unleash huge bursts of energy that can de-transform her allies and herself and even damage advanced maсhinery as shown in "Betrayed!" and "Bloom Tested". Various aspects of her individual powers are emotionally-controlled such as her telekinesis being fueled by her calmness (once demonstrated in her sleep), her bravery employing her offensive spells, her depressed and non-confident moments occasionally block her powers, and when she is scared or panicky she deploys defensive spells. She is considered one of the strongest and most powerful fairies in existence as her power is derived from the Great Dragon's Flame itself. She is also able to freely share her powers with other living beings.
Bloom can spontaneously generate and manipulate heat. While at the beginning of the series she mainly uses her powers to bombard her opponents with fireballs in varying intensity and size, she soon learns to ignite large wildfires and control dangerous infernos by thought. Other related abilities are throwing blasts of heat energy, using fire as shields and force fields, causing objects to become soft and melt, and using fire to fly. She can summon the essence of the Great Dragon or a fire dragon to damage her target.
Bloom also knows some basic, first-level spells that all fairies can use, such as telekinesis, transmuting objects, and fixing minor messes.
Dark Bloom has the same powers that Bloom had by that moment, although mixed with dark magic. She displayed the basic first-level skill of levitation when turning Timmy upside down in midair. Her magical aura transformed from fiery orange to dark purple. Bloom also seemed to have better reflexes than her normal self, as she dodges all her friends' attacks with ease. In fact, none of the other Winx girls abilities worked on her. Even her bonded Pixie's kiss was unable to break Darkar's spell for long.
Bloom retains her fire-based powers which allow her to create and manipulate all forms of fire and heat. Opting for a more offensive approach, Bloom often has her powers manifest as fireballs and sparks that vary in size and intensity depending on what the situation calls for. She can also channel her fire into other objects to raise their temperatures to dangerously high levels, which she does so primarily to metal objects like the Winxmobile in Season 1 and the Eiffel Tower in Season 2, since metal is the perfect conductor to her heat.
Bloom can also use her fire to "burn away" the strength of her opponents as she does so against the Crocodile Man on multiple occasions. This is even a specialty of hers granted by her Dreamix powers. She can also use this ability for more defensive capabilities by using fiery shields that disappear after burning away incoming attacks.
Additionally, it is revealed in the episode "Neverland" that the Winx's powers, Bloom's included, are generated from dreams and thus, are closely linked with the World of Dreams. According to the World's Spirit, the Winx will lose their fairy powers should the World of Dreams fall into ruin.
Uses of Magic
- Expedio Catenam - Used to unlock a padlock in "Race Against Time."
- Contabeish morbi egrotatun - Used to kill a plant in "Race Against Time."
- Mortifer fatalis silenti - Used to turn a plant into a monster in "Race Against Time."
- Medicor desiderium incolumis - Used to break the homesickness spell placed on the pixies in "Race Against Time."
- Exclamo - Used to create an ear-shaped passageway in the wall in which audio can be transmitted.
- Scarmax - Used to put Timmy’s socks and shoes on his hands.
- Exparar - Used to move Timmy out of her dorm.
- Beatus fortis subvertio (Hidoro calico conjungo (4Kids)) - Used to summon the Crystal of Power in "The Phoenix Revealed."
- Chrono Magic - Used to find out where Politea is via the Fairy Clock Room.
- Birthday: December 10
- Astrological Sign: Dragon
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Favorite Color: Red
- Favorite Hobby: Reading books about fairy tales and magic!
- Ideal Boyfriend: Sky!
- Best Friend: Stella
- Favorite Movies: Romantic comedies
- Loves: Cooking cupcakes for my friends!
- Favorite Music: Pop
- Favorite Spell: Dragon Flame
- Bloom is a character that was created from multiple sources of inspiration:
- Bloom's story was possibly created on that of a girl named Antonella who Iginio Straffi, the creator of the Winx Club series, met who had been adopted and whose dearest wish was to know who her real parents were.
- Bloom's personality was inspired by Joanne Lee, Iginio Straffi's wife, as well as the Executive Producer for the Winx Club series.
- Bloom's appearance was apparently inspired by singer Britney Spears, according to Iginio Straffi.
- Bloom shares some similarities with these other fictional characters and might possibly have been inspired to some extent by them:
- Kal-El from DC Comics, who was given the human name of Clark Kent and who fights evil as a costumed superhero under the secret identity of Superman.
- Kal-El is the last survivor from his home world, Krypton, which was destroyed in when the planet exploded. Superman's biological parents, Jor-El and Lara Lor-Van, died in the disaster.
- Similarly, Bloom was the last survivor from her planet, Domino, which was destroyed when the Ancestral Witches attacked it. Bloom's biological parents, Oritel and Marion, disappeared during the disaster.
- Kal-El's biological parents saved him from their planet's destruction by placing him in a rocket when he was a still a baby and sent him to Earth.
- Bloom's biological elder sister, Daphne, saved her from her planet's destruction when she was still a baby by sending her to Earth through a magical portal.
- The rocket containing baby Kal-El was found by Jonathan and Martha Kent, a married couple of human farmers from the small town of Smallville, Kansas in the United States of America on Earth. Jonathan and Martha adopted Kal-El, named him Clark Kent, and raised him as their own son.
- Bloom was similarly found in a magical protective shield in a building on fire by Mike, a human firefighter, who adopted her together with his wife Vanessa, a human florist, and they raised her as their own daughter in the town of Gardenia, California, in the United States of America on Earth.
- As he grew up, Kal-El/Clark Kent developed super powers because, being a alien from planet Krypton whose sun is red, his body absorbs radiation from the yellow sun of planet Earth and transforms it into superhuman abilities.
- When Bloom grew up and she turned 16 years old, her magical powers started manifesting themselves, giving her magical superhuman abilities.
- When he grew up, Kal-El/Clark Kent adopted the secret identity of Superman, who wears a primarily blue-colored costume, to fight evil
- Similarly, when Bloom grew up, she became a fairy who transforms into a blue-colored fairy costume to fight evil.
- In the "Legacy" episodes of Superman: The Animated Series, Superman is captured and temporarily turned evil by Darkseid, the God of Evil who rules over the planet Apokolips and wants to conquer the universe
- Similarly, at the end of Season 2, Bloom is captured and temporarily turned evil by Lord Darkar, the ancient deity of pure darkness and evil of the Winx Club universe
- Harry Potter from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling:
- Harry's parents were killed when he was a baby by Lord Voldemort and lived as an ordinary boy with his aunt and uncle until he found out he was a wizard and joined the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
- In the same way, Bloom's family disappeared when her kingdom was destroyed by the Ancestral Witches when she was a baby and she grew up with a family on Earth not knowing who she was and from where she came from until found out she was a Fairy when she met Stella and went to the Alfea School for Fairies in Magix.
- Both Harry and Bloom eventually defeat and cause the deaths of the ones because of whom they lost their parents.
- Harry's nemesis at school is Draco Malfoy, a cruel and very arrogant boy with very pale blond hair. Bloom's nemesis is Icy, a cruel and very arrogant girl with pale bluish white hair. Both Draco and Icy have sharp, pointed facial features.
- Jean Grey from Marvel Comics, especially as she appears in the Dark Phoenix Saga storyline:
- Jean Grey is a very powerful red-haired character and was the temporary vessel of the Phoenix Force, one of the oldest known cosmic entities of the Marvel Universe that represents life that has not yet been born and is an immortal, indestructible, and mutable manifestation of the prime universal force of life.
- Bloom similarly is a powerful red-haired character who is the vessel of the Dragon's Flame, which represents creation and is the source of all magic and life.
- Both Bloom and Jean at one point became evil. Bloom was turned into Dark Bloom by Darkar just like Jean Grey, as the Phoenix, was turned into the Dark Phoenix by Mastermind and the Hellfire Club.
- The scene where Bloom heals herself from Darkar's spell and reverts back to her normal self from her Dark Bloom form after Sky speaks to her is similar to how Jean Grey temporarily reverts back to her normal self from her Dark Phoenix form after her boyfriend Scott Summers/Cyclops confronts her in "The Dark Phoenix Saga - Part III: The Dark Phoenix" of X-Men: The Animated Series.
- Daenerys Targaryen from the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin:
- Daenerys is a dragon princess who comes from House Targaryen, an ancient dynasty closely associated with dragons and who were said to have dragon blood and to be able to control dragons. Shortly before the birth of Daenerys, her father, Aerys II Targaryen, the Mad King of the Seven Kingdoms, was overthrown and killed in a rebellion and most her family was killed as well. Her mother Queen Rhaella died while giving birth to her. Daenerys and her brother Viserys Targaryen then spent most of their lives in exile and after the death of Viserys, Daenerys becomes the last member of her family to still be alive and one of her greatest desires is to reconquer her family's kingdom.
- Bloom is a dragon princess who comes from the dynasty of an ancient kingdom. The dynasty she belongs to is closely associated with the Great Dragon and its heirs possess a part of the Dragon's powers. When Bloom was a baby her kingdom was destroyed and her parents disappeared while her sister was "killed". She lived in exile on Earth. Her greatest desire was to find her parents until she finally restored her kingdom and saved her whole family.
- The theme of A Song of Ice and Fire is considered by some of its fans to be a war of Ice against Fire. Similarly, the theme of the show in Season 1 is a fight of Fire, represented by Bloom, against Ice, represented by Icy.
- Dorothy Gale from The Wizard of Oz.
- The design of Bloom's Believix dress and her two hair braids in her Believix form appears to have been inspired by the dress of Dorothy from 1939 movie adaptation of The Wizard of Oz
- Kal-El from DC Comics, who was given the human name of Clark Kent and who fights evil as a costumed superhero under the secret identity of Superman.
- Bloom's name is possibly a reference to the fact that she discovers her powers and starts blooming from a normal human girl into a fairy, while the other fairies already knew about their powers and what they would become since they were kids. In that sense, she is a "late bloomer."
- Despite the age difference, Bloom's original sketch is relatively the same as today.
- She was the one who came up with the name "Winx Club."
- This is further explained Issue 3 of the Winx Club Comic Series, as Bloom was inspired by some passing butterflies and their wings. Originally, the name was going to be "Wings Club" as proposed by Stella, but then Bloom drew in butterfly wings at the end in place of the "g" and "s" to resemble an "x" to keep the butterfly theme; creating the name "Winx."
- This is also referenced in the World of Winx episode "Stylist Wanted" when Stella decides to give their new power the name "Dreamix."
- In the original version, Bloom is the third youngest of the group, after Tecna (second youngest) and Roxy (youngest).
- Bloom is an artist like Helia.
- A 4Kids novel gives her the surname Peters, but this is only mentioned within the book with indication that it may be her adoptive parents surname.
- Bloom's opposite is Icy as Bloom is warm and compassionate while Icy is cold and cruel. This is better reflected in each of their powers: Bloom's fire to Icy's ice.
- This still holds up somewhat in 4Kids canon as, in one promo for the show, it is said that Icy's powers come from dead planets while Bloom still retains the Dragon's Flame: the fire responsible for all magical life.
- Bloom tends to be seen together with Stella and Flora more than the other girls, especially in Winx products.
- Bloom, so far, has the second most episode appearances, after Stella, including a cameo.
- However, Bloom is seen the most out of all the other Winx.
- She is the only Winx whose Season 1 civilian outfit has been seen in the new animation style.
- Both Daphne and Bloom had their power stolen by a villain and with the help of each other they got both their confidences and power back
- In "The Witches' Downfall", Daphne helps Bloom regain her confidence and power which was stolen by the Trix in which they thought that they took the Dragon's Flame and Bloom's power was lost, forever.
- In "Inspiration of Sirenix", Bloom and the Winx help Daphne regain her power and confidence back since Tritannus and the Trix stole it.
- In "Professor Avalon's Secret" Bloom states her favorite color is purple.
- She is the only Winx girl whose Charmix spells are all unnamed. In fact, she uses them the least of the Winx.
- She is the first Winx to turn evil as shown in Season 2.
- The second one was Roxy in "Nebula" when she was possessed by Nebula.
- The third one was Tecna as shown in "The Sirenix Book" when she was turned into a robot.
- The fourth was Musa as shown in "Secret of the Ruby Reef" when she was turned into a monster by Tritannus.
- The fifth was Stella as shown in "Queen for a Day".
- Bloom is one of the four fairies who did not receive their Enchantix in their own realm, though she earned it by saving her realm itself.
- Both Bloom and Flora have siblings, making them the only two Winx members to have them. Bloom has Daphne and Flora has Miele.
- She has the most associated pets among the Winx.
- Until Roxy was introduced in the show, Bloom was the only Winx girl whose name did not end with "a".
- Sky and Bloom are the only ones to have known exes (Diaspro and Andy respectively).
- Just like Roxy can sense when Morgana is in danger, Bloom can sense when Daphne is in danger. It might be possible that magical characters can sense when their family members are in danger.
- Bloom and Flora are the most feminine of the Winx in their fairy forms. This is more evident by the fact they wear skirts, dresses, and feminine footwear in most of their transformations.
- She is the Winx member to have the most Lovix spells, which are four: Ice Flame, Ice Wall, Frozen Dart and Dragon Fire.
- Bloom was the last to bond with a Selkie and a Fairy Animal in the series.
- Bloom's Nickelodeon voice actress, Molly C. Quinn, also voices Lockette in Season 6.
- Bloom is the only Winx not to earn her Bloomix in "Bloomix Power" or "The Golden Auditorium".
- Bloom had many times where she tried to quit and leave Alfea to go back to her adoptive home in Gardenia which it shows in Seasons 1 and 3 (both mainly about Sky and Diaspro, with the latter unintentionally causing a rift then purposely causing it), and 6 (for realizing that she helped Selina by putting Flora in danger).
- Bloom had her orange hair changed into different shades of red in her Bloomix and Mythix forms.
- Bloom resembles Delores.
- She and Stella are the only Winx to have a sleeveless uniform in Season 7.
- In World of Winx, Bloom's DuArt voice actress, Haven Paschall, also plays the role of the Narrator.
- Bloom has experienced up to two comic-exclusive romances and is tied with Aisha over it.
- She loves reading, especially books about magic, and she like making lots of cakes, and huge pizzas that she can eat together with her girlfriends.
- As revealed in "Peter Pan's Son", Bloom's weakness is the fear of being alone.
- She is the only character in World of Winx to break the 4th as she froze time and spoke directly to the audience on several occasions.
- Bloom is the only member of the Winx whose special Onyrix Power goes unused throughout the second season of World of Winx.
- Along with Stella, Bloom is one of the two Winx members to have her signature color (and sometimes pink) in every of her transformation.
- Onyrix is her first transformation in which she wears plum.
- As revealed in "Peter Pan's Son", Bloom also writes the lyrics for the band.
- Bloom's first DuArt voice actor, Haven Paschall, also voices Bea from Regal Academy, which is also another show created by Rainbow.
- According to Darkar in the Cinélume version, she is the natural consort of Darkar as Dark Bloom possesses the power of the Dragon's Flame and the Phoenix possesses the Shadow Fire, the complete opposite of the Dragon's Flame.
- In some couture artworks and the recent Winx dolls, people frequently mistake Bloom for Flora and vice-versa as the two look fairly similar at first glance.