|This article is about the source of Bloom's power. You may be looking for the comic issue.|
The Dragon's Flame (also known as the Dragon Flame, Dragon Fire, Sacred Fire, or Flame of Life) is a magical power introduced in Season 1.
The Dragon's Flame is a spark of the Great Dragon's power, which created the entire Magic Dimension. The Dragon Flame is able to bring balance to the powers of darkness. Opposing forces include that of Darkar, a being of pure darkness who absorbs energy, and the Water Stars, a neutral force which can extinguish it. It is the source of power for Bloom, Daphne, Valtor, Oritel (via his sword), Acheron, the Winx, and briefly for the Trix.
The Dragon's Flame is primarily a beneficial magic power giving Bloom the ability to break very powerful spells and heal people. In "The Crypt of the Codex", she is even able to heal Sky, who was dying from a fatal attack from Icy.
Bloom's healing powers are seen again in Season 4 when Bloom develops the spell Strength of Life. She healed extremely weak people, such as Batson, Mike in the fire, Roxy after she was possessed by Nebula, and people in Gardenia's train station.
The Dragon's Flame has been seen manifesting itself in the form of the Great Dragon or balls of fire. While Bloom mainly uses her powers to bombard her opponents with fireballs in varying intensity and size, she soon learns to ignite large wildfires and control dangerous infernos by thought. Other related abilities are throwing blasts of heat energy, using fire as shields and force fields, causing objects to become soft and melt, shooting beams of orange energy, and using fire to fly.
- Healing: The Dragon's Flame can heal the wounded, the dying, and those who have been put under evil spells (including the bearer themselves).
- Activating the Water Stars: Only a possessor of the Dragon's Flame can activate the Water Stars; this can be extremely dangerous for the activator, as the Water Stars have the ability to extinguish the magical energy and life force of any bearer of the Flame.
- Senses: Bloom can pick up on the emotions and intentions of others. Bloom can sense people's magic essence, and when Bloom received her Bloomix she gained the ability to sense the presence of danger.
- Superficial: Bloom's standard spells are based mostly on the fire and the Great Dragon, i.e. Fire Arrow, Dragon Fury, etc. Most of them are flame-colored, with added accents of bright cyan, and in Lovix, purple.
- The Great Dragon and the power of the Dragon's Flame were probably inspired from the Phoenix Force of the Marvel Comics which is described as one of the oldest known cosmic entities, representing life that has not yet been born. The Phoenix Force is an immortal, indestructible, and mutable manifestation of the prime universal force of life. Born of the void between states of being, the Phoenix Force is a child of the universe.
- In the 4Kids dub, the Dragon's Flame is once referred to as Starlight.
- Even though the Dragon's Flame is the life force of the Magic Dimension, Bloom is never giving life to other things, unlike Flora who has shown the ability to give life to plants and stuffed animals.
- There is a soup named after the Dragon Fire.
- Despite the fact that the Bloomix transformation is powered by the Dragon's Flame, no Winx member (except Bloom, of course) used flame-based attacks in this form. Instead, everyone uses their own array of spells, as normal. This occurrence can be explained due to fact that the Dragon's Flame is the origin of all powers and can morph itself into different powers depending on a possessor's predestined power source (which explains why the Trix were able to use it in their spells in Season 1 without displaying the use of fire magic.