Fairy Forms or Transformations are different levels of power that fairies can attain as an extention of their magical abilities.
Fairies' abilities are limited in their civilian forms. To increase their magical abilities, they transform into fairies and are able to use their powers with greater ease, gain wings, and new clothes and accessories. There are standard fairy levels, which are gained during a fairy's formal education journey to become a full-fledged fairy, and an infinite number of higher fairy levels and acquired powers meant for specific situations.
In the comic and book series, the Winx have attained eight levels of power exclusive to the series.
These levels of power are gained during a fairy's formal education journey to become a full-fledged fairy.
- Main article: Winx (Form)
In Season 1, Stella introduces Winx when fighting Knut in Gardenia Park. Winx is the standard Fairy Form for Alfea fairies. A fairy is usually able to transform when she has a strong enough will and fully believes in her magical capabilities. Fairies can more easily manifest their magic than when they are in civilian form as well as use more powerful spells.
- Main article: Charmix (Form)
In Season 2, Chatta introduces to the Winx the concept of Charmix after Bloom earns hers. In Alfea's curriculum, earning Charmix is the goal of a second-year fairy. In order to earn Charmix, a fairy must overcome a great personal difficulty, such as a strong fear or a certain weakness holding them back. Charmix boosts the magical energy of a fairy for a short time, making her more powerful and allowing her to use magic in more diverse environments. However, it can run out of energy quickly and drain its user’s magical energy over time.
- Main article: Enchantix (Form)
After Enchantix, there is an infinite number of levels a fairy can reach. Higher Fairy Levels are meant for specific situations.
- Main article: Believix (Form)
There are powers acquired via power sources or magical items.
- Main article: Gifts of Destiny
- Main article: Sophix (Form)
In Season 4, when Diana, the Major Fairy of Nature, decides to take part in the Great Revenge of the Earth Fairies, the Ethereal Fairies give the Winx the Gifts of Destiny because their Believix powers are useless against Major Fairies. The Winx use the Sophix power to restore the heart of Amazonia and the source of Diana's magic. In order to earn Sophix, a fairy must be granted the Gift of Wisdom by the Blue Ethereal Fairy. Sophix allows fairies to magically unite with nature as it is a source of emotional and instinctive energy which merges with the Believix powers to reach absolute harmony with nature.
- Main article: Lovix (Form)
- Main article: Harmonix (Form)
- Main article: Sirenix (Form)
In Season 5, the Winx meet with Faragonda to discuss their newfound knowledge of their Believix powers being less effective underwater, and they learn that they must acquire Sirenix in order to defeat Tritannus. Faragonda tells them that Sirenix is an ancient power that was born of the magic of the oceans, and that no one has acquired Sirenix for a long time. She informs that that in order to begin their quest, they must find the Sirenix Book, but the only person who knows its location is Daphne, Bloom's sister and the last fairy to acquire Sirenix. When Bloom asks Daphne about the location of the Sirenix Book, Daphne tells her not to look for it because it is dangerous. When the Ancestral Witches attacked Domino, she acquired Sirenix and was ready to use it against them but the Ancesral Witches had placed a spell on Sirenix and when Daphne tried to use it, it turned against her and caused her to become a spirit without a body. Bloom ends up persuading Daphne, who reveals that the Sirenix Book is in the Magic Archive of Alfea.The Source of Sirenix is found in the cave where Daphne dwells in Lake Roccaluce which protects Sirenix and grants it to fairies who have completed the Sirenix Quest. If a fairy does not complete the Sirenix Quest within one lunar cycle, they will lose their powers forever. In order for a fairy to earn Sirenix, they must find the Gem of Self-Confidence, the Gem of Empathy, and the Gem of Courage. After that, they need to activate the magic spring of Lake Roccaluce by using the Source of Sirenix. Sirenix grants its possessor access to the Infinite Ocean and gives fairies and witches the ability to use their magic easier in midair, on land, and underwater. It also helps them to swim faster.
- Main article: Bloomix (Form)
- Main article: Mythix
In Season 6, the Winx search for magical artifacts to lock the Legendarium for good. In their search, they go to Tir Nan Og and attempt to acquire the Ancestral Wands. In doing do, they learn that long ago, seven Ancestral Fairies crossed over from the Legendarium World to the real word and spread their magic throughout all the worlds of the Magic Dimension, including the Earth. They brought with them seven Ancestral Wands which contain the Mythix power, which allows entry into the Legendarium World. However, one must not stay in the Legendarium World for too long, or else they will become fictional characters, stuck in the pages of the Legendarium forever.In order to earn Mythix, a fairy must prove herself before the Ancestral Wands. In turn, the wand she receives will grant her Mythix. Mythix gives its users the ability to enter the Legendarium World, and also the ability to teleport themselves in and out of the Legendarium World. The Ancestral Wands grant their users the ability to summon projections of legendary clues by exclaiming "Mythix insight" or "Mythix vision". The wands are also used as a homing device for the Fantasy Emerald and the Silver Spear.
- Main article: Butterflix
- Main article: Tynix (Form)
- Main article: Cosmix
World of Winx
- Main article: Dreamix (Form)
- Main article: Onyrix (Form)
Book Exclusive Powers
- Main article: Magic of Sports
- Main article: Magic of Food
- Main article: Magic of Joy
- Main article: Mermaid (Form)
Trendix is a transformation earned by the Winx in the Winx Fairy Couture novel, "Bloom. My Dream of Fashion." According to the novel, the transformation looks different every time they used it.
- The PopPixie form is similar to Fairy Forms.
- The Winx were seen in most of their Fairy Forms on Earth:
- Winx: When the Winx went to Mitzi's Halloween party.
- Enchantix: When the Winx were searching for Roxy and fighting the Wizards of the Black Circle.
- Believix: When the Winx made humans believe in magic and fought against the Wizards of the Black Circle, the Trix, and Tritannus.
- Sophix: When the Winx were battling Diana in Amazonia.
- Lovix: When the Winx were battling Aurora in the North.
- Harmonix: When Bloom, Musa, and Tecna fought against the mutants and the Trix.
- Sirenix: When the Winx were battling Tritannus.
- Bloomix: When the Winx went to Gardenia, Egypt, China, Calavera, and Fearwood.
- Butterflix: When the Winx went to Italy, the Sumatran Jungle, the Qinling Mountains, and Ethiopia.
- Charmix, Mythix, Tynix, and Cosmix are the only Fairy Forms to be not seen on Earth.
- Harmonix is the only known temporary Fairy Form.
- Tecna wears pants or shorts in most of her Fairy Forms.
- Charmix, Sophix, and Lovix are the only Fairy Forms to have not been seen in flash animation.
- It is also the only Fairy Forms to not make an appearance in the comics.
- Sophix, and Lovix are the only Fairy Forms to not have the words "Magic Winx!" as part of the transformation phrase.
- In Season 8, it is revealed the Winx can return to their Enchantix and Sirenix forms at will, with no explanation how.