Headmistress Faragonda is the Headmistress of Alfea College for Fairies, of which she was once a student herself. She played a major role in helping Bloom to discover her past and her true powers. Faragonda was also a member of the Company of Light.
Faragonda is possibly an elderly fairy judging from her hair. She has short curly whitish-blue hair and dark blue eyes.
She wears black horn-rimmed glasses with sky blue lenses and gold hoop earrings. She wears a long sleeved pink shirt with ruffles at the tips and a navy blue vest with a white trim, puffed sleeves, and a single violet button. She wears a long pink skirt with ruffles near her ankles. Her shoes are black high heels with yellow buckles.
From Season 6 - 7, she wears a dark blue jacket with a lavender tie, the same dark pink brooch, the lavender skirt is now straight instead of having waves, lavender gloves, white socks and the black high heels with yellow flowers on it. With its appearance, she is seen slightly less old due to its 100 years in existence.
Her relationship with Griffin, the Headmistress of Cloud Tower, is a strange mixture of true friendship and slight rivalry. In Season 3, it is revealed that this odd relationship is because they and Headmaster Saladin of Red Fountain had worked together as part of the Company of Light to help defend the planet of Domino from the Ancestral Witches and Valtor. However, Faragonda was not present during the final battle with the Witches as all the magical strength of most of the members of the Company had been exhausted, which is why she was not able to tell Bloom exactly what happened to her parents. Faragonda was friends with Bloom's parents, King Oritel and Queen Marion of Domino (also members of the Company of Light), and was deeply disturbed by their disappearance.
Faragonda was never shown to transform, and it is still unknown what her exact power is.
However, according to Griffin, she was at least an Enchantix fairy, and given how her magic is usually green-colored, her element seemed to be nature-related. As the Headmistress of Alfea, a former witch, one of the Three Points of Magic, and a member of the Company of Light, Faragonda was a powerful warrior with a vast array of magical abilities: she could create illusions, fly without wings, conjure shields powerful enough to block even Valtor's spells, and fire energy blasts that could send her opponent flying considerable distances away.
Faragonda was also shown to be an absolute mistress of Convergence (which she herself taught at Alfea), being perfectly able to combine her powers with others' to achieve spectacular feats of magic: during the war against the Trix and their Army of Darkness, she once converged her powers with Griffin's to conjure a dome that enabled all their students - fairies and witches - to combine their magic to effectively neutralise all the monsters. Later on, she again converged her powers with Griffin's to conjure a protection barrier over the entire Alfea, and though it was breached by the Dragon-Flame-empowered Stormy, she, Griffin, and Saladin converged their magic to effectively vanquish a Manta Flyer. When Darcy and Stormy were defeated, Faragonda and Griffin again converged their magic to trap the two witches in a metal ball.
Besides this, during the Winx's war against Darkar, Faragonda again demonstrated her extraordinary proficiency in Convergence: she converged her magic with Griffin's to grant Codatorta enhanced strength and speed, and later, a protection barrier to protect the Winx from Darkar's attack.
In "Winx Club: The Secret of the Lost Kingdom", Faragonda was also shown to have the ability to banish her opponents to other dimensions.
Hence, despite her age and her kind demeanor, Faragonda is still an extremely powerful fairy whom none should underestimate.
Uses of Magic
- Strength of the Ancient Titans
- Cupernus - Used in a convergence by her and Griffin to shield the Winx from Darkar's attack.
- Contego - Used against the Wild Lion Monster.
- Animal Transform - Used to transform the Ligers into their baby form.
- Faragonda and Mirta are so far, the only known witches to have become fairies.
- Faragonda's appearance may have been inspired by that of Madame Adelaide Bonfamille from the Disney animated movie, The Aristocats. Faragonda's facial features, her hairstyle from Season 1 to Season 5, and how she regularly wears lavender-colored clothes are very similar to Madame Bonfamille's facial features, her hairstyle and her dressing style.
- Faragonda's hair color appears to have changed extensively when she was younger. She has brown hair when she was a student at Alfea, but in flashbacks from Season 3 and the first movie, her hair was pink and then pale blue when she was in the Company of Light.
- Her personality and role of helping Bloom on her quests is similar to that of Albus Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series.
- Her role as the headteacher of Alfea who was in the Company of Light which fought against the Ancestral Witches and Valtor appears to have been inspired by how Dumbledore was the Headmaster of Hogwarts and a member of the Order of the Phoenix whose goal was to fight against Lord Voldemort.
- Her battle with Valtor during Season 3 also reflects the battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort in the fifth book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- In the 4Kids dub:
- Faragonda's Nickelodeon voice actress, Kari Wahlgren, also plays the Narrator part in the Nickelodeon dub.
- Her attire and hair style have been changed in Season 6.
- In the third movie, Bloom calls her "Principal Faragonda" instead of "headmistress".
- Out of all the characters in the series, she has served as a guide and strategist for the Winx.
- She has appeared in every season and movies so far.
- Her personality is similar to Motherboard from Cyberchase
- The name "Faragonda" may be derived from the word "Paragon".
- She has several similarities with Eldora, especially their physical appearance and hair.
- And if the 4Kids dub is taken into consideration then she is the first Fairy Godmother with the second being Eldora.
- Erica Schroeder used to voice Piff, Daphne, Galatea, Liss, Yakobetta and Maia in the 4Kids dub.
- In "The Golden Butterfly," it is revealed that Faragonda became Griselda's roommate after Kalshara left Alfea.
- It is possible that she is left-handed or at least she is with a sword as seen in Secret of the Lost Kingdom.