Netflix is an American company that provides on-demand Internet streaming media to viewers in North and South America, the Caribbean and parts of Europe. Netflix also produces and co-produces original content such as TV series and movies.
Involvement in Winx Club
In 2014, Rainbow S.r.l. announced that it was partnering with Netflix to release the Winx Club spin-off series, World of Winx. In a 2016 article, Cristiana Buzzelli from Rainbow confirmed that Netflix was only a distributor, and Netflix "did not enter into the creative process on scripts, characters or plot lines."
In 2018, Rainbow announced that the Winx Club live-action series would release on Netflix. It is expected to debut in 2020.
On January 1, 2019, Viacom added Seasons 5 to 7 to Netflix in numerous countries (excluding the US).
On the first anniversary of Season 8, which is on April 15, 2020, Season 8 was added to several countries such as New Zealand, Australia, UK, Ireland, and Russia while other countries have Seasons 6 and 7 added.
Involvement in PopPixie
The U.S. Netflix released PopPixie on June 6, 2014.
Involvement in World of Winx
Available on Netflix
- Season 1 (international; except the United States, Canada, Ireland and United Kingdom)
- Season 2 (international; except the United States, Canada, Ireland and United Kingdom)
- Season 3 (international; except the United States, Canada, Ireland and United Kingdom)
- Season 4 (Latin America and parts of Europe)
- Season 5 (Latin America and parts of Europe)
- Season 6 (US, selected countries)
- Season 7 (US, and selected countries)
- Season 8 (New Zealand, Australia, UK, Ireland and Russia)
- Winx Club: The Secret of the Lost Kingdom (France)
- Winx Club: The Mystery of the Abyss (international initial release, removed from US and LatAm)
- PopPixie (international)
- World of Winx (international)