FANDOM


Winx Club Forever
Winx picnic 2
This article has been completed. Only edit it if you think it can be improved.

Paramount Pictures is a movie studio based in Hollywood, California, and owned by Viacom, the same company that co-owns Rainbow S.r.l. with Iginio Straffi. Viacom also owns Nickelodeon, co-producer of the show since the specials.

Due to this cross-ownership of both Rainbow and Nickelodeon, the studio has released many home videos for Winx Club since 2011.

Overview

Paramount was founded in 1912 as Famous Players Film Company, and after numerous other corporate changes over the years, has been owned by Viacom since 1994.

Paramount became involved in the Winx Club franchise upon Viacom's purchase of 30% of the Rainbow S.r.l. studio (with the remaining 70% belonging to Iginio Straffi, creator of the series). Paramount has acted as a primary home video distributor for the series, as it does for other properties owned by Viacom Media Networks.

Trivia

  • Paramount's releases of the first movie and second movie both contain bonus discs with 7 episodes of the show.
  • In 2004, Paramount released a film titled Mean Girls, also part of the name of a song from the 4Kids dub of Winx Club.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.