Politea is a Nymph of Sirenix and one of the nine Nymphs of Magix, powerful guardians of the Dragon's Flame. She hails from Domino and acted as its Guardian Nymph. She is one of the guardians of the Great Dragon, being the third Nymph introduced, after Daphne and Omnia. However, she later betrays her fellow nymphs to conquer the entire Magic Dimension.
She has long brown hair with a fringe that falls on her face and a bun at the back of her head. She has green eyes and rose lips.
She wears a long lime scarf that is used as a sash and a belt. She also wears a red dress with the tips of it looks like it was ripped and a pair of pale green sandals.
As a monster, Politea looks like a purple dragon with wing-like flippers instead of arms and a large frill on her neck. She also has two small frills in her cheeks.
Evil Sirenix/Nymph Form
In this form, her skin is pale grey. Her hair is pale turquoise and is long with a fringe that falls on her face. She wears a fuchsia crown that looks like a seashell or the frills she had in her monster form and a long pale blue dress resembles a jellyfish with short sleeves that look like the frills she had as a monster over longer sleeves, and the top is a purple scale-like breastplate. Her eyes are dark red and her lips are purple.
From the first sight, she seems kind, caring and innocent. But when the Ancestral Witches cursed Daphne, she seemed happy seeing it. She seems to be fond of double-crossing which was evident with Daphne, Icy, Darcy and Stormy.
According to Daphne, she is cursed by her lust for power and lost herself into total darkness.
In the movie, she is portrayed as greedy, cunning and evil.
Since she is a Sirenix possessor and one of the nine legendary Nymphs of Magix, just like Daphne, she could possibly have similar formidable powers. When she was cursed by the Ancestral Witches, her Sirenix power became evil, like the Trix's Dark Sirenix. The evil in her Sirenix was dispelled years later by Darcy and Stormy. According to Tritannus, her Sirenix power is enormous and powerful enough to activate the Emperor's Throne, just like Aisha's.
Politea may know some basic, first-level spells that all fairies can use, such as telekinesis, transmuting objects, and fixing minor messes.
Uses of Magic
- Teleportation: She is powerful enough to be able to enter Oblivion, unlike the Winx who needed to converge their magic to enter the Infinite Ocean from Oblivion.
- Energy Beams: She can shoot turquoise and pink beams of energy.
- Toxic Absorption: Similar to Tritannus, she can be empowered by pollution. Although she cannot return back to her original form, the humans polluted the oceans and upset the balance of the Infinite Ocean, which helped her regain her energy back.
- Reverse Spell: She can also turn any spell back on itself which was seen when the Trix were about to attack her. She made Icy freeze herself, Darcy trap herself with the darkness tentacles and Stormy electrocute herself.
- Hypnosis: Politea can hypnotize her targets to do her bidding, like she did with Tritannus and the Trix.
- Hologram Projection: She can project holographic images of her choosing.
- Mutation Spell: She carries the power to mutate anyone she wishes, like when she turned jellyfishes into mutants.
- In Greek, Politeia (πολιτεία) means "Citizenship".
- Although Politea made an appearance in "The Shark's Eye", there were only sound effects, not a voice actress.
- She has a certain resemblance to Bloom in the face and hair, but Politea has brown hair and Bloom has orange hair.
- She is the third person to double-cross the Trix, the first was Darkar, the second was Tritannus and the fourth was Selina.
- Although Bloom's Sirenix wish was for the curse on Sirenix to be broken and its legacy to end forever, Politea was not restored, while Daphne was.
- She was cursed, alongside Daphne, for sixteen years before the start of series.
- Her Sirenix attire and abilities are not shown, neither in flashbacks.
- Politea is one of the three Sirenix fairies whose respective wishes are unknown, whether they had pleased destiny and were granted their wishes or not, the other two being Daphne and Musa.
- Since only Egerya's flame was burning out in #149: The Guardian Nymphs, it must mean that Politea is still alive somewhere out there in the Magic Dimension as her flame was still burning strongly and untouched.