|This article is about the series. You may be looking for another PopPixie.|
PopPixie is a spin-off series based on Winx Club featuring the Pixies from Winx Club as main characters. However, the Winx do not appear in the series. It was first aired in 2010, and consists of 52 episodes of thirteen minutes.
“In a quiet corner in the Magic Universe there is a special dimension, a miniature world populated by gnomes, elves, talking animals… and especially by the Pixies. The city they live in is Pixieville, where they live their extraordinary everyday lives using the incredible magic of the MagicPops, magic globes of the Tree of Life, who allow the Pixies to turn into mini-heroes… the PopPixies!”
“In a quiet and secluded corner of the Magical Universe, there is a very special dimension, a miniature world populated by Gnomes, Elves, talking Animals, and above all by Pixies.
The town they live in is Pixieville, and it is here that Pixies go out about their extraordinary daily lives using the incredible magic of the MagicPops, the magical globes of the Tree of Life.The MagicPops are the magical globes that contain positive magic grows on the Tree of Life. When a Pixie uses her or his talent wisely for the good of all, she or he may receive a MagicPop to become a PopPixie.”
- Main article: Pixie
- Main article: Amore
- Main article: Caramel
- Main article: Chatta
- Main article: Cherie
- Main article: Digit
- Main article: Fixit
- Main article: Lockette
- Main article: Martino
- Main article: Pam
- Main article: Piff
- Main article: Tune
- Main article: Livy
- Main article: Elf (PopPixie)
- Main article: Floxy
- Main article: Lenny
- Main article: Maxine
- Main article: Narcissa
- Main article: Rex
- Main article: Yucca
- Main article: Gnome
- Main article: Augustus
- Main article: Grind
- Main article: Rollo
- Main article: Ronf
- Main article: Animal (PopPixie)
The animals have an active part in the society, just like the Pixies and the Gnomes. They have a job and the same rights as the other citizens of Pixieville.
They never do bad things like the elves, but neither do dishonest things.
- Main article: Season 1 (PopPixie)
- The Tree of Life
- Main article: MagicPop
Divergence from Winx Club
The setting of PopPixie is set in an alternate universe to that of Winx Club. Several aspects of the show prove that the shows do not take place within the same continuity:
- The existence of male pixies; all pixies in Winx Club were female.
- The Tree of Life plays a different role in PopPixie; MagicPops were never mentioned in Winx Club.
- Pixieville is much more modernized than Pixie Village, complete with a barrier surrounding the perimeter (similar to Magix) that Pixie Village lacked. Additionally, only pixies lived in Pixie Village whereas Pixieville's population is much more diverse.
- Some pixies have slightly different areas of specialties in PopPixie and are capable of becoming more powerful through MagicPops, earning transformations that are similar to the upgrades achieved by fairies in Winx Club. However, the potential for the pixies becoming more powerful in Winx Club has never been addressed, nor do the pixies ever feel inclined to enhance their powers.
- No human characters - including the Winx - appear in PopPixie at all. Consequently, the bonding that occurs between fairies and pixies has never been brought up in PopPixie despite being the key to the pixies' relevance in Winx Club.
- Many of the main characters in PopPixie are portrayed to be older than their Winx Club incarnations, with most having full-time jobs and behaving like typical teens/young adults. Consequently, some pixies (such as Lockette) have notably different personalities compared to their Winx Club counterparts. Tune, however, appears to be younger than her Winx Club version.
- While Ninfea does exist in PopPixie and retains the same role she had in Winx Club, the other Guardian Pixies from Winx Club (Concorda, Discorda, and Athena) do not appear and are never mentioned, nor the areas they preside over.
In Season 6 of Winx Club, Pixies who originally appeared in PopPixie, such as Cherie and Caramel, were introduced in the Winx Club continuity and respectively replace Tune and Digit as Musa's and Tecna's bonded pixies. However this created an inconsistency in the separation between PopPixies and Winx Clubs continuities since these Pixies had never appeared in previous seasons of Winx Club.
- This is the seventh show produced & directed by Iginio Straffi.
- This is the first Winx Club spin-off to be featured on Netflix, the second being World of Winx.
- PopPixie uses background instrumentals from Season 4 of Winx Club.