Roxy is the Fairy of Animals. She joins the Winx Club as its occasional seventh member in the fourth season. Roxy is the youngest of the fairies. She is an animal lover and a strong-willed, rebellious girl, but still very emotional and prone to tears.
Roxy is a young girl with a slightly light skin tone, she has waist-length, pinkish-purple hair with blonde tips and dark violet eyes.
She wears a sea green, long-sleeve, skin-tight cropped shirt with a hot pink shirt over it, which has a lavender paw print in front. She wears short, denim capris with a metal chain hanging off at her waist and hot pink boots with light purple laces and soles.
Roxy's Believix consists of a light sea green, one-armed top that has two pale lavender straps holding it over her right shoulder. She also has light sea green shorts with greenish-yellow ruffles underneath and a greenish-yellow belt over them. The belt has three purple circles on it, with several pink ruffles hanging off of it. On her right arm is a light sea green, fingerless glove that reaches between her shoulder and elbow. Her shoes are lime green, platform boots with white heels and pink socks. Her hair does not change. Her wings are edged with green and dark purple on the inside. At the edges of the wings are swirled, light pink designs.
Roxy is rebellious, a little shy, and willful. She cares a great deal for animals, loving them and keeping them as pets to the point of making her own secret shelter for them in the back of her father's bar. She is very brave, having confronted the Black Circle a couple of times and burglars even when she could not transform, and is always willing to help those in need.
However, she can also get confrontational whenever she is angry or feels threatened, sticking up for herself when others put her down, and when she feels that there is something wrong. She can also be very stubborn, demonstrated in her reluctance to believe that fairies exist, even when the evidence was literally staring her in the face. But on the same note, she is prone to tears when very confused or scared. Often she is overpowered by tears when forced to make an important decision under pressure as seen in the episode "A Fairy in Danger".
Towards the people and animals she cares for, she is sacrificial and will do anything to protect them.
Roxy, as the Fairy of Animals, has animal-based powers. Roxy can empathize with animals and feel what they are feeling, and can calm them down if they are scared, hurt, or angry. She can speak to them and summon them telepathically. Roxy can also grant animals the ability to speak like humans. Roxy has also been shown to lend magical strength to them, as she did to Artu in "Winx Believix!", allowing him to break free of Gantlos and return to her side. Roxy also has the ability to read an animal's mind and make them act under her control allowing her to tame wild animals. Her magic is colored aquamarine/blue green.
Roxy can also make an animal out of inanimate objects, such as ice structures, and make them act under her command. Roxy seems to possess a form of "danger sense" as seen in "Winx Club Forever!", when she could sense the Wizards of the Black Circle's presence in her house. Roxy's spells can take on animals such as a kaleidoscope (group of butterflies).
Roxy has been shown to use the White Circle to enhance her powers, such as using it to summon a larger than normal flock of creatures of the sky and forest, and make them surround the enemy under her command. As her powers grew throughout the series, Roxy has displayed the use of basic attack spells such as energy rays, and defensive spells such as shields. Roxy also knows some basic, first-level spells that all fairies can use, such as telekinesis, transmuting objects, and fixing minor messes.
World of Winx
Roxy maintains her status as the Fairy of Animals and thus, retains her animal-oriented powers. She uses her almost psychic-like connection with Arthur to keep the detectives distracted, giving Bloom time to make her way to Annabelle's apartment.
Uses of Magic
- Enchanted Cloak
- Scorpion's Tail
- Wild Heartbeat
- Wolf Talon
- Silver Scales
- Vocalization Spell - Used in "The Flying School" to make Crow Griffin speak and "Dad, I'm a Fairy!" to make Artu, Kiko and the Fairy Pets talk
- "Creatures of the sky and forest, come to me! Come to me!" - Used in "The White Circle" to summon the creatures of the forest to aid her.
- Roxy's name is a diminutive of the name Roxanne, which is itself derived from Roxana, the Greek pronunciation of the Old Persian name Roshanak, which means "little star," "bright as the dawn" or "The Bright One," and was the name of the princess of the ancient real-life country of Bactria who married Alexander the Great.
- In the planning stages, Roxy's eyes were yellow and her top was pink with baby blue sleeves. Even though her top color was changed (most notably, the sleeves from baby blue to seafoam green), the color scheme used in both the planning stages and Season 4 trailer are sometimes shown in the official series like in "The White Circle."
- Before Season 4 premiered, on 9 April 2009, Iginio Straffi and Rai Due's Luca Milano revealed in an interview that the main characters would "find a seventh fairy" on Earth. Later the same day, a Rai Due press release revealed that the new Winx's name was Roxy, saying that the fairies "will meet Roxy, a new character who will become part of the close-knit Winx group. She is a rebellious and determined girl who will discover that she is the Fairy of Animals, and at the same time, the last fairy on Earth."
- On April 30, the official WinxClub.com website was updated with a biography for Roxy. The introduction said: "If you haven't missed an episode, you will have noticed that there is a new entry in our Club! Who is she? Get to know her!"
- Throughout the next year, Rainbow released a comic (Roxy the Seventh Fairy), a DVD subtitled "Here I am, Roxy: the new Winx fairy," and a book from Roxy's point of view, all of which called her the seventh Winx fairy.
- Rainbow's original description of the fifth season, given at the Licensing Show 2010 in Las Vegas, indicated that all seven Winx fairies would be active members in the season. Later in 2010, however, the season was heavily reworked. The new plan was for the season to be a "total brand relaunch" and focus much less on continuing previous stories, so Roxy's role was reduced to an occasional character.
- In 2009 and 2010, six dolls of Roxy were included in the fourth season's doll lines: City Girl, Believix, Mini Believix (which includes Roxy's exclusive Speedix wings), Fairy Ice Skating Championship, I Love My Pet, and Gran Gala. In 2011, Roxy dolls from two lines (Winx Birthday Girl and Magical Summer) were prototyped but were ultimately unreleased.
- Roxy can use her powers to communicate with animals, much like the famous character Dr. Dolittle.
- Currently, Roxy is the only fairy amongst the Winx to gain her Believix without having to earn her Winx, Charmix or Enchantix.
- On May 7th, 2016, the official Winx Club YouTube Channel released a Click and Play video confirming that Roxy is a Believix fairy.
- It is possible that Roxy gained an incomplete Believix, without the full set of special Believix powers. It is likely that Roxy was supposed to gain a complete Believix in later seasons, because Zoomix, Tracix, and Speedix wings were all designed for her.
- In the nineteenth episode of season 4, Bloom states that Roxy lacks Believix powers, probably referring to these Believix powers.
- She is the second Winx to turn evil as shown in "Nebula" when she was possessed by Nebula.
- If she chooses to accept the throne, Roxy can become the Queen of the Earth Fairies one day, as Nebula is only serving as her regent.
- In Season 5, she loses the blonde streaks in her hair. This may have been a production error, as in later seasons, her hair regains the blonde streaks.
- Roxy's Cinélume voice actress, Sara Camacho, also voices Caramel and Yucca in PopPixie. The voice actress also shares her last name with Gantlos' Cinélume voice actor, Mark Camacho, though they have no relation in real life.
- Roxy's DuArt voice actress, Suzy Myers, has voiced Stormy in the 4Kids dub.
- In Season 7, her transformation sequence was reanimated.
- Roxy is the second known Fairy of Animals, the first being Katy.
- In the game Winx: Magix Mayhem, which was created while Season 7 was still in development, Roxy's Butterflix form can be seen. In the finalized season, Roxy did not earn Butterflix.
- She shares her birthday (March 20) with Sky.
- Season 8 is the first season since her debut that Roxy has not appeared in. However, she does appear in the Season 8 comics.