Winx Club Forever
In early 2014, an early version of an online game called "Magix Attack" (later renamed "Magix Mayhem") was discovered on Nickelodeon's beta testing website, www.nick-q.mtvi.com. The unfinished game used black-and-white placeholder drawings of the Winx in a new transformation (later revealed to be Butterflix), hinting at the seventh season. Several months later, Season 7 was officially confirmed in a press release.
During this season's development, production was heavily stalled. It started exactly as the past two seasons had, with both the American team (at Nick Animation) and Italian team (at Rainbow) working together, but the budget was slashed halfway through production. This was due to the financial failure of Rainbow's animated film Gladiators of Rome, which had lost tens of millions of euros for Rainbow by the end of 2013. They could only afford to keep the Italian crew onboard for Winx season seven, since the two-country partnership made it their most expensive show. The American staff members remained, but were demoted to consultants.
Unlike the previous two seasons and specials, this season was not animated to match Nickelodeon's cast from California (budget cuts caused the actors not to record for this season). Instead, DuArt Film and Video was licensed to produce an English dub with their in-house voice actors. Season 7 made its world premiere on Nickelodeon in the United Kingdom on July 4, 2015. It later premiered in Italy on September 21, 2015 and in the USA on January 10, 2016. It concluded on October 3, 2015 in Italy and April 10, 2016 in the USA.
“Each fairy animal has a special talent, necessary for the balance of the Magic Universe. The Winx will discover this, while facing two new dreadful villains and getting new amazing transformations along their journey! Winx Club series 7 carries on the theme of recent Winx releases by carrying a strong environmental message. In this adventure the fairies discover the real importance of the rare Fairy Animals, which they must save from Kalshara, an evil shape-shifter and her clumsy brother, Brafilius. The theme of endangered animals recurs throughout the series as the Winx establish an Animal Rescue Park on Earth, where they look after vulnerable animals such as pandas and tigers. The girls also undertake missions in the Magic Dimension and Earth to raise public awareness about the animal cause. This builds to their final mission – to discover the ultimate power of the Fairy Animals, which can give control over all the animals of the Magic Universe.”
- The Alfea Natural Park
- Young Fairies Grow Up
- The First Color of the Universe
- A Friend from the Past
- Adventure on Lynphea
- Beware of the Wolf
- Back in the Middle Ages
- The Fairy Cat
- Winx Trapped!
- Mission in the Jungle
- A Fairy Animal for Tecna
- The Unicorn's Secret
- Tynix Transformation
- The Magic Stones
- Back to Paradise Bay
- Lost in a Droplet
- Banana Day
- The Magix Rainbow
- Baby Winx
- It's a Crazy, Crazy World
- The Kingdom of Diamonds
- The Secret of Alfea
- The Golden Butterfly
- New Magic Harmony
- The Power of the Fairy Animals
- This is the first season in which the title card is narrated.
- This is the first and only season dubbed by DuArt Film and Video, as future seasons were dubbed by 3Beep.
- This season is based on animals.
- In the English version of the trailer, Bloom's Butterflix transformation is unfinished, while in the Italian version it is finished.
- The tagline for this season is "We'll fairy you!"
- In this season:
- This season displays the most Fairy Forms:
- This is the last season to be co-produced by Rai Fiction.
- This is the fourth season to use flash animation, with the third being Season 6, the second being Season 5, and the first being Season 4.
- This is the first season to be fully in flash animation (excluding CGI for some settings).
- This is the first season to not air on Rai 2. It aired exclusively on Rai Gulp and Rai YoYo.
- This is the fourth season in which the Winx earn multiple Fairy Forms, with the first being Season 4, the second being Season 5, and the third being Season 6.
- This is the third of these seasons in which the Winx earn two Fairy Forms, with the first being Season 5 and the second being Season 6.
- This is the last season to be animated in the traditional flash animation style.