Winx Club Forever
The seventh season of Winx Club premiered in in the USA on Nick Jr. on January 10, 2016. The season consists of 26 episodes and concluded its run on April 10, 2016. Season 7 aired in Italy on Rai Gulp from September 21, 2015 to October 3, 2015.
In early 2014, an early version of an online game called "Magix Attack" (later renamed "Magix Mayhem") was discovered on Nickelodeon's beta testing website, www.nick-q.mtvi.com. The unfinished game used black-and-white placeholder drawings of the Winx in a new transformation (later revealed to be Butterflix), hinting at the seventh season. Several months later, the seventh season of Winx Club was officially confirmed in a press release.
The press release titled "Rainbow and Nickelodeon partner for Winx Club season seven" on April 8, 2014, finally announced the new season. In the article, Iginio Straffi was quoted saying "It will be a privilege to partner once more with Nickelodeon on this."
During this season's development, production was heavily stalled. This was due to the financial failure of Rainbow's animated film Gladiators of Rome, which had lost tens of millions of euros for Rainbow by the end of 2013. The 3D computer-generated segments and Hollywood voice actors, both of which were highlights in the previous two seasons, were deemed too costly to use for this season. Instead, this season was fully 2D-animated, and Nick Jr. commissioned a cheaper New York studio called DuArt to record the voices. As with the previous two seasons, the copyright to Season 7 is co-owned by Rainbow and Viacom International.
Season 7 premiered on Nickelodeon worldwide: it began on Nickelodeon Greece on May 24, 2015, on Nickelodeon Asia on June 22, 2015, and on Nickelodeon UK on July 4, 2015. It later premiered on Rai Gulp in Italy on September 21, 2015 and on Nick Jr. USA on January 10, 2016. It concluded on October 3, 2015 in Italy and April 10, 2016 in the USA.
“Each fairy animal has a special talent, necessary for the balance of the Magic Universe. The Winx will discover this, while facing two new dreadful villains and getting new amazing transformations along their journey! Winx Club series 7 carries on the theme of recent Winx releases by carrying a strong environmental message. In this adventure the fairies discover the real importance of the rare Fairy Animals, which they must save from Kalshara, an evil shape-shifter and her clumsy brother, Brafilius. The theme of endangered animals recurs throughout the series as the Winx establish an Animal Rescue Park on Earth, where they look after vulnerable animals such as pandas and tigers. The girls also undertake missions in the Magic Dimension and Earth to raise public awareness about the animal cause. This builds to their final mission – to discover the ultimate power of the Fairy Animals, which can give control over all the animals of the Magic Universe.”
- The Alfea Natural Park
- Young Fairies Grow Up
- The First Color of the Universe
- A Friend from the Past
- Adventure on Lynphea
- Beware of the Wolf
- Back in the Middle Ages
- The Fairy Cat
- Winx Trapped!
- Mission in the Jungle
- A Fairy Animal for Tecna
- The Unicorn's Secret
- Tynix Transformation
- The Magic Stones
- Back to Paradise Bay
- Lost in a Droplet
- Banana Day
- The Magix Rainbow
- Baby Winx
- It's a Crazy, Crazy World
- The Kingdom of Diamonds
- The Secret of Alfea
- The Golden Butterfly
- New Magic Harmony
- The Power of the Fairy Animals
- Nickelodeon is given a logo credit as a co-producer in the international versions of the credits. Like the previous two seasons, the logo is sometimes missing in the English version of the credits that aired on Nickelodeon's USA channels.
- This is the first season in which the title card is narrated.
- This is the first and only season dubbed by DuArt Film and Video, which replaced Atlas Oceanic Sound and Picture due to budget cuts.
- This season is based on animals.
- In the English version of the trailer, Bloom's Butterflix transformation is unfinished, while in the Italian version it is finished.
- The tagline for this season is "We'll fairy you!"
- In this season:
- This season displays the most Fairy Forms:
- This is the last season to be co-produced by Rai Fiction.
- This is the fourth season to use flash animation, with the third being Season 6, the second being Season 5, and the first being Season 4.
- This is the first season to be fully in flash animation (excluding CGI for some settings).
- This is the last season to be animated in the traditional flash animation style.
- This is the first season to not air on Rai 2. It aired exclusively on Rai Gulp and Rai YoYo.
- This is the fourth season in which the Winx earn multiple Fairy Forms, with the first being Season 4, the second being Season 5, and the third being Season 6.
- This is the third of these seasons in which the Winx earn two Fairy Forms, with the first being Season 5 and the second being Season 6.
- Roxy does not earn a new Fairy Form and remains in her Believix, but a Nickelodeon online game made in 2014 shows Roxy's official Butterflix design. It is possible she was intended to earn Butterflix when the season was still being produced in 2014.
- This is the only season of the newer seasons to not include a second version of the opening theme sequences.
- Season 7 started airing on Nickelodeon Africa in South Africa on July 6, 2015.
- This is the last season to have trailer exclusive scenes which are not featured in the season itself.