|This article is about the transformation. You may be looking for the dolls.|
In Season 5, the Winx meet with Faragonda to discuss their newfound knowledge of their Believix powers being less effective underwater, and they learn that they must acquire Sirenix in order to defeat Tritannus. Faragonda tells them that Sirenix is an ancient power that was born of the magic of the oceans, and that no one has acquired Sirenix for a long time.
She informs that that in order to begin their quest, they must find the Sirenix Book, but the only person who knows its location is Daphne, Bloom's sister and the last fairy to acquire Sirenix. When Bloom asks Daphne about the location of the Sirenix Book, Daphne tells her not to look for it because it is dangerous. When the Ancestral Witches attacked Domino, she acquired Sirenix and was ready to use it against them but the Ancesral Witches had placed a spell on Sirenix and when Daphne tried to use it, it turned against her and caused her to become a spirit without a body. Bloom ends up persuading Daphne, who reveals that the Sirenix Book is in the Magic Archive of Alfea.
The Source of Sirenix is found in the cave where Daphne dwells in Lake Roccaluce which protects Sirenix and grants it to fairies who have completed the Sirenix Quest. Due to the curse, if a fairy does not complete the Sirenix Quest within one lunar cycle, they will lose their powers forever.
In Season 8, it is revealed that due to the magical ice on Dyamond, Sirenix can adapt to the area's weather, changing its form into Crystal Sirenix. According to Tecna, it has a high degree of adaptability.
In order for a fairy to earn Sirenix, they must find the Gem of Self-Confidence, the Gem of Empathy, and the Gem of Courage. After that, they need to activate the magic spring of Lake Roccaluce by using the Source of Sirenix.
It is unknown if a witch can earn Sirenix by completing Sirenix Quest or not as it is a fairy power. In the Trix's case, after Tritannus forced Daphne to tell him where the source of Sirenix power was, Tritannus headed to Lake Roccaluce to destroy the Source of Sirenix, so her Sirenix cannot be protected from being stolen by him. After he destroyed the source, Tritannus absorbed Daphne's Sirenix powers and used his trident to grant the Trix Sirenix powers, which were mixed with his pollution powers.
“With every twist and turn, the deeper you go until the Shimmering Shells sing with the ocean's voice.”
“Venture where the dark depth of the ocean shine. A precious gem, self-confidence, lies in the deeps.”
“Like a ruby shining under the sea, corals are strings that you feel in a key.”
“To find the gem, you must understand the message in the harp's music.”
“The Winx had to understand the message in the Ruby Reef's music. It leads them to Data Bridge Castle in which Aisha, Bloom and Tecna have unity.”
“Find the Flowers of the Depths. It answers only to courage.”
“Find the Yellow Reef and snatch courage from its jaws.”
Sirenix grants its possessor access to the Infinite Ocean and gives fairies and witches the ability to use their magic easier in midair, on land, and underwater. It also helps them to swim faster and freely breathe underwater.
In Season 8, it is revealed that their Crystal Sirenix power grants them another ability, the Crystal Sirenix light, which allows them to see the darkest part of the ocean. Their Crystal Sirenix power also protects from the cold.
Special Sirenix Powers
With Sirenix, a fairy has a power that can be used in specific situations. Every fairy has a different type of this power:
Daphne and Politea's Special Sirenix Powers are both unknown.
Every girl has a water bubble special effect when their wings flutter.
- Bloom wished for the Sirenix Curse to be broken forever. (S5E26)
- Stella wished that her parents would listen to their hearts more. (S5E23)
- Flora wished for all people on Earth to respect nature. (S5E24)
- Tecna wished for all people of Zenith to be more connected to the Magic Dimension. (S5E22)
- Aisha wished for Nereus to come back to life. (S5E25)
Musa has never used her wish. It is also unclear if she has pleased destiny. Daphne and Politea are also unknown whether they had used their respective wishes or not.
Sirenix was cursed by the Ancestral Witches, turning Daphne into a disembodied spirit and Politea into a ravenous monster. The curse also caused the Sirenix power to turn against Daphne when she tried using it to defend herself from the Ancestral Witches, and caused Politea's own enormous Sirenix powers to be corrupted. The Sirenix Curse could punish the possessor physically, as revealed when Tritannus was attacked by the Emperor's Throne and Daphne revealed that it is the effect of the Sirenix Curse. The Sirenix Curse also caused the ocean level of the Infinite Ocean to drop. Later, by using her Sirenix wish, Bloom breaks the curse put on Sirenix.
Ways to Acquire
- The name Sirenix is based on the word "sirena", which is the word for Mermaids in Italian and many other languages.
- After Sirenix was leaked at Comic Con, it was redesigned.
- Sirenix adopted some ideas from Harmonix's concepts.
- The fact that Sirenix has the ability to grant wishes may be derived from the fact that in Mythology, mermaids have the ability to grant wishes.
- Sirenix is so ancient that it cannot be easily found in all known magic databases.
- Aisha appears in all three episodes in which the Winx earn the three mystical gems to finish the Quest of Sirenix.
- Sirenix is the first transformation where the fairies have highlights on their hair, with Tynix being the second.
- Musa is the only Winx who never uses her Sirenix wish.
- Thus far, Sirenix was drawn in seven different art styles and it is the only transformation to be ever featured in every style that the show has explored throughout the years.
- This is one of the two transformations, Sirenix in Season 5 (2D), which its full transformation sequences is not shown fully in the series, with the other being Mythix.
- This is the first Fairy Form in which the Winx all have identically-shaped wings, with the second being Cosmix.
- In Season 5-6:
- This is the first transformation to maintain its 2D poses in 3D.
- During Musa's Sirenix 2D transformation, her arm ribbon first appears on her left arm, even though it supposed to be on her right arm. However, when she strikes her final pose, the ribbon is in the correct position.
- Flora's Sirenix wings appeared to be smaller than the actual size in her 2D Sirenix final pose.
- Stella's highlights are in pink in 3D transformation, but become purple in 2D one.
- Later in Season 8's transformations, her hair gain reddish pink highlights.
- Flora has pink highlights on her hair but they are not visible in neither of her transformations.
- The highlights are added on Season 8's transformations
- Stella's wings are upside down during her transformation.
- This is the first Fairy Form in which Bloom's hair turns dark red, with the second being Bloomix and the third being Mythix.
- However, in the redesigned and Crystal version, her hair retains its original orange.
- This is the first Fairy Form in which the Winx's wings occasionally emit streaks of energy before casting a spell, with the second being Bloomix.
- Sirenix (2D version) is currently the longest known transformation sequences to be featured in the series.
- In Season 8:
- Sirenix is among the three transformations that will return in Season 8, the other two being Enchantix and Butterflix.
- This is the second transformation to be reanimated in the new animation style.
- The girls' hair no longer changes their colors underwater for an unknown reason.
- This transformation is solely used to breathe underwater and to survive easily in cold temperatures.
- It is revealed the Winx can return to their Enchantix and Sirenix forms at will, with no explanation how.
- There is no in-universe explanation for the redesigning of Enchantix, Sirenix, or Butterflix.
- Both Sirenix and Crystal Sirenix does not have an ending pose scene for the Winx.
- Despite visiting Zenith, and the Fearwood on Earth, neither the Winx nor Daphne displayed Crystal Sirenix.