|This article is about the Red Fountain Students. You may be looking for the group.|
The Specialists are students that attend Red Fountain. They specialize in wielding weapons, dragon riding and taming, and are easily recognizable by their uniform. Students must study at Red Fountain for a minimum of three years.
Origin and History
The initial objective of the Specialists was to protect their homes.
During class time, on mission, and some formal occasions students must wear their uniforms. Throughout the years, their uniforms have always been skin-tight, from the chest all the way down the inner calves are colored dark blue, every where else is a beige color. Prior to season 8, the uniform consists of a sky-blue cape kept in place by a round colored gem cape clasp. Their knees are covered with shield-like knee protectors, they wear knee high boots and fingerless gloves.
As of season 8, the capes are no longer part of the uniform which is now a bodysuit. Their gems are positioned just slightly below the heart and are all colored yellow. Their entire uniform is also their desired colored instead of just the gem that is differently colored. It is also far more high-tech.
The bodysuits have light-gray thin inner-lines that mark the suit. The entire jaw, chin and ears are encased in the same material as the bodysuit which is connect to the neck. There are thicker, slightly transparent metal plates on the forearms, hips, smaller pieces centered on the side of his thighs and wrap around the area above his ankle. He wears silver gloves and on back of the hands are yellow, round gems. The yellow gem is held in place by four thick, slightly transparent metal plates. These metal plates then wrap around to the back which is connected to an oval, silver jet pack that houses a Specialist’s weapon of choice and transparent mechanical wings that allow flight, hyper-thrust, -frost and -charge. These hyper modes are activated by pressing the yellow gem, which flashes and beeps to signify the activation. The gem is also the source of all the suit's functions and must be repaired if damaged. The feet also has thick white soles.
As showcased by Nex, this new suit has an underwater mode. The overall appearance of the suit remains unchanged. However, the transparent metals on his forearms change to fins, gloves become webbed, back of the calves have smaller fins, and the area between his feet and sole extend into flippers. The encasement of the jaw, chin and ears sport a breathing apparatus which covers the entire face. The thin inner-linings glow a bright color as do the fins, flippers and webbed gloves. All aid in visual acuity and smoother, faster movement in the water.
Skills and Abilities
- They are called Heroes in the 4Kids dub.
- Even though Nabu is often seen with the Specialists (in both the animated series and official stock arts), he does not attend Red Fountain.
- It is not known for sure whether the Specialists have magical powers, but they are still seen inside Alfea's barrier which only allows magical creatures to pass through.
- Unlike Cloud Tower or Alfea in present-time, Specialists from Red Fountain have a uniform.
- In the Winx Club Comic Series, they are shown changing into uniforms as if by a magical transformation.
- In Fate: The Winx Saga, Specialists are both male and female. Instead of attending a separate school, they train at Alfea alongside the fairies .