Wow, did I just say that?
He has dark brown hair light brown highlights, fair skin and coral blue eyes.
In season 7, he is wearing a white polo shirt with sleeves that reach his wrists and the collar is folded. Over it he wears a maroon dress vest with lighter details and khaki pants. He's wearing brown colored shoes.
In the comics, he wears a red shirt with a white folded collar and white sleeves rolled just below his elbows. He has dark green pants with a lavender belt and a golden buckle, and white sneakers with dark green sides.
Thoren wears a red uniform which has a yellow, oval-shaped gem in the middle.
His outfit is completely green, with golden epaulets and buttons, a royal purple sash and olive colored boots.
Thoren wears an orange shirt with a white undershirt, along with green cargo shorts and white/green sneakers.
He wears a black colored tuxedo with a light blue tie (or cravat), a greyish colored double-breasted waistcoat underneath the tuxedo, and also a white shirt.
Unlike his more active and headstrong cousin, Thoren seems more gentle, calm and passive. He is also revealed to be more skittish than Sky as he was scared of many things as a child. While Sky came to hate him for an incident during their childhood, Thoren grew envious of Sky for his more daring heroism and his ability to both act without doing so too rashly. Due to this, Thoren formed a small grudge against Sky as he began viewing himself as a coward so, to rectify this, Thoren began acting helpful towards as many people as he could, even those he barely knew. Additionally, he does not do so simply to feel more like a hero either; Thoren seems to genuinely want to help others and can be very friendly to those he wishes to help and get to know better.
Thoren has grown from his time as a scared little kid as he will also jump into battle when he feels he is needed. As much as Sky believed otherwise, Thoren holds a sense of duty and justice close to his, like when he reminded Sky of how he would stay and fight the Treants when they were terrorizing Linphea College. Thoren's desire to help people can also make him naive as he carried Bloom to the Vortex of Flames after being told that it would help heal her by Diaspro, unaware of her deep-seated grudge against Bloom. Upon learning of Diaspro's true intentions, Thoren became enraged as not only was he tricked into doing so but, if Bloom falling into the Vortex of Flames meant her death, it would go against his strong set of morals.
When Sky and Thoren were young children, they were ambushed, Thoren scared, frightened, panicked and left, leaving Sky who barely made it. However, he and Sky reconciled when Thoren apologized for his actions and now the two are close again.
- Thoren's name and appearance might have been inspired by Thor, the God of Thunder, Lightning and Storms of Norse mythology, who wields a magical hammer named Mjölnir as his weapon.
- Alternatively, Thoren might have been inspired by the Marvel Comics superhero Thor, who is a re-imagination of the Norse God Thor as a superhero and who also uses the magical hammer Mjolnir as his weapon
- His name may also be a based on Thorin Oakenshield, a King of the Dwarves from J.R.R. Tolkien's book The Hobbit.
- The name Thorin is itself an Old Norse language name representing the God Thor.
- He is the second male character to get married after Jason Queen.
- Thoren's Nickelodeon voice actor, Charlie Schlatter, also voices Timmy, Hagen and Jason Queen.
- Thoren's Italian voice actor, Alessio De Filippis, also voices Ruben from Club 57, which is another show produced by Rainbow S.r.l. and Iginio Straffi.