|This article is about the group. You may be looking for the Fairy Form.|
The Winx are a group of fairies who serve as the primary protagonists of Winx Club and its spin-off World of Winx. They are the faces of both franchises. Originally a group of five, the girls start out as fledgling fairies attending the Alfea College for Fairies and eventually grow to become the protectors of their various home worlds and the Magic Dimension as a whole.
Initially, the Winx Club was a group of five fairies trying to get through their rigorous school year at Alfea, a prestigious school for fairies. Each with their own aspirations and goals, the girls of the Winx Club sought out to make their school years memorable by braving through hardships and experiencing new things all while sticking by each other as best friends.
During their first school year, the girls form a serious rivalry with a trio of senior witches who call themselves the Trix, as they are constantly after Stella's magic ring and will do anything to get their hands on it. This eventually leads to the girls uncovering the Trix's true motives as well as the source of Bloom's mysterious fire powers and past. Once the Trix cause a full-on war to break out in their conquest for Magix, the Winx end up becoming key players in the resistance against them and it is this battle that leads the five girls down their current path of interdimensional heroism.
By their second year, the Winx Club grows from five to six when they aid and befriend Aisha (Layla), the Princess of Andros, and bond with her Pixie friends. The group of six go on to take down major threats to the Magic Dimension much bigger than the Trix such as Lord Darkar and Valtor, all while helping Bloom uncover more of her past and gain better control of her immense powers over the Dragon's Flame. Their exploits lead them to be recognized as Protectors of the Magic Dimension and the most powerful fairies within it. They also gain many powerful allies along the way and remain fairly humble; refusing to let their fame get to their heads (for the most part).
In Season 4, during their mission to find the last fairy on Earth, a new member, Roxy, was joined as its occasional seventh member. While initially being wary of the Winx, she eventually believes in them and indirectly helped them earn their Believix. As she gains more confidence with each passing day, she discovers that she is the Fairy of Animals, and that she is the daughter of Morgana. However, as of Season 5, Roxy's role was written out from the group and ultimately reduced to an occasional character who helps the Winx whenever they need her help.
- The word "Winx" has two completely different concepts and meanings in the series, depending on the dub. It is the name of the Winx Club and:
- According to the narrator of the trailer for Winx Club: The Mystery of the Abyss and Twinkly in "Night of the Stars," the Winx are the most powerful fairies in the Magic Dimension.
- Stella is the oldest in the group while Roxy is the youngest.
- Bloom, Aisha, and Tecna are the only Winx members with named power sources—the Dragon Flame, Morphix, and Technomagic respectively.
- Currently, Aisha and Flora are the only members of the Winx who have not been turned evil.
- The first was Bloom toward the end of the second season after she was corrupted by Lord Darkar's minion and forced into becoming Dark Bloom.
- Second was Roxy in the Season 4 episode "Nebula" when she is possessed by Nebula.
- Third was Tecna in the Season 5 episode "The Sirenix Book" when she is turned into a robot.
- Fourth was Musa four episodes later in "Secret of the Ruby Reef" when she is turned into a mutant seal by Tritannus.
- Fifth was Stella in the Season 6 episode "Queen for a Day" when her mind is corrupted by Selina's Magic Mirror.
- While not genuinely turning evil, Aisha does turn against the Winx in "Morgana's Secrets" after Nabu's death drives her to vengeance.
- Four (Bloom, Stella, Aisha, and Roxy) of the seven Winx are members of royalty. This number is raised to five in both the comics (where Tecna was written as a princess until Issue 90) and the 4Kids dub of the show (where Musa is made the Princess of the Harmonic Nebula). In Winx on Ice: The Novel of the Show, it is implied that all the Winx fairies are princesses.
- It was first officially revealed that there would be a seventh Winx Club member in an interview with Iginio Straffi in 2009, before the premiere of the fourth season. In the interview, Straffi and two producers from Rai (Luca Milano and Claudia Sasso) listed the novelties of the upcoming season, including the revelation that the main characters would "find a seventh fairy" on Earth.
- On the same day, a Rai Due press release revealed that the new Winx's name was Roxy, saying that the fairies "will meet Roxy, a new character who will become part of the close-knit Winx group. She is a rebellious and determined girl who will discover that she is the Fairy of Animals, and at the same time, the last fairy on Earth."
- Rainbow's original description of the fifth season, given at the Licensing Show 2010 in Las Vegas, indicated that all seven Winx fairies would be active members in the season. Later in 2010, however, the season was heavily reworked. The new plan was for the season to be a "total brand relaunch" and focus much less on continuing previous stories, so Roxy's role was reduced to an occasional character.
- Initially, Roxy was going to be (retroactively) added to the plot line of the fourth Nickelodeon special, as Nickelodeon's original plan was to produce recap specials for seasons 1-4 and immediately start producing season 5 afterwards. Liliana Mumy (Roxy's Nickelodeon voice actress) recorded lines as Roxy for the special, which can be heard in this pre-release trailer.
- Coincidentally, in all of the third-party English dubs, at least one of the Winx girls shares the same voice actress with a member of the Trix.
- In World of Winx, Musa and Flora are the only Winx members whose Nemeses are made to exploit the weaknesses of their respective powers rather than their personal or emotional weaknesses.
- According to Zarathustra in the Season 2 episode "Twinning with the Witches":
- Bloom is Tecna's worst match.
- Flora is Aisha's worst match.
- Stella is Musa's worst match.
- Her claims prove to be somewhat ironic in the case of Aisha and Flora, who often consider the other to be their best friend within the Winx Club on the show's official website. Though, this could also prove that, despite being each other's "worst match," Flora and Aisha grow close to the point of being best friends anyway, working past their clashing differences. Though it has been shown that Musa and Aisha are generally close with each other.
- Throughout both 2015 and 2016, each Winx member had a birthday video uploaded onto the official Winx Club YouTube channel to celebrate their birthdays.
- This was later continued again in 2019.