|This article is about the group. You may be looking for the Fairy Form.|
The Winx are a group of fairies who serve as the primary protagonists of Winx Club and its spin-off World of Winx. They are the faces of both franchises. Originally a group of five, the girls start out as fledgling fairies attending the Alfea College for Fairies and eventually grow to become the protectors of their various home worlds and the Magic Dimension as a whole.
Initially, the Winx Club was a group of five fairies trying to get through their rigorous school year at Alfea, a prestigious school for fairies. Each with their own aspirations and goals, the girls of the Winx Club sought out to make their school years memorable by braving through hardships and experiencing new things all while sticking by each other as best friends.
During their first school year, the girls formed a serious rivalry with a trio of senior witches who called themselves the Trix as they were constantly after Stella's magic ring and would do anything to get their hands on it. This eventually led to the girls uncovering the Trix's true motives as well as the source of Bloom's mysterious fire powers and past. Once the Trix caused a full-on war to break out in their conquest for Magix, the Winx ended up becoming key players in the resistance against them and it was this battle that led the five girls down their current path of interdimensional heroism.
By their second year, the Winx Club grows from five to six when they aid and befriend Aisha (Layla), the Princess of Andros, and bond with her Pixie friends. The group of six go on to take down major threats to the Magic Dimension much bigger than the Trix such as Lord Darkar and Valtor, all while helping Bloom uncover more of her past and gain better control of her immense powers over the Dragon's Flame. Their exploits lead them to be recognized as Protectors of the Magic Dimension and the most powerful fairies within it. They also gain many powerful allies along the way and remain fairly humble; refusing to let their fame get to their heads (for the most part).
Besides being group members, they are also band mates wherever they perform as seen in Season 4, 5, 8 and this also carries over to the second season of the spin-off series, World of Winx.
Shortly after getting acquainted, the girls decide to head into the nearby city to get lunch and hang out, during which Bloom, who is masquerading under Varanda's name, storms off feeling insulted. She eventually calms down after being able to call her mother but becomes nervous at the sight of Knut spying on her new friends. Curious as to what he could be up to, Bloom follows the ogre until he ends up in an alleyway and meets with three witches. This ends up leading into the first of many confrontations the Winx have with the Trix, a trio of senior witches from the rival school, Cloud Tower, as Bloom's struggle to defend herself from the Trix's attacks attracts the Winx to the alleyway, prompting them to join the fight. Unfortunately, the Trix prove to be too strong for them, so Stella uses her sceptre to teleport her friends to safety.
While back at Alfea, Bloom is outed for lying about her identity but gets the chance to stay thanks to the approval of Headmistress Faragonda and, though initially upset for feeling tricked, Flora, Tecna and Musa decide to give Bloom another chance at befriending them. In fact, once the five fairies return to their dorm, they decide to give their group a name and all agree on the name Bloom ends up proposing: Winx Club.
Now with a name for themselves, the Winx begin going on various misadventures as they bump heads with the Trix, who are constantly trying to steal Stella's magic ring away.
The girls begin their first year at Alfea and enter their dorm room where they get acquainted. They decide to head out for dinner to get to know each other better. After dinner, Bloom calls home but her conversation is cut short when she sees Knut and starts following him.
As she is caught snooping by the Trix, the others question her whereabouts as they had been waiting far too long. They search for her and see that the Trix had frozen Bloom. Stella, Musa, Tecna and Flora try to fight of their offenders who are proven to be too powerful. They are eventually knocked aside and as Icy prepares her final attack, Stella quickly teleports everyone to safety. After returning to their dorm, the girls decide to form a group, calling themselves "The Winx".
More coming soon...
World of Winx
World of Winx
- The word "Winx" has two completely different concepts and meanings in the series, depending on the dub. It is the name of the Winx Club and:
- Stella is the oldest in the group while Tecna is the youngest.
- Bloom, Aisha, and Tecna are the only Winx members with named power sources—the Dragon Flame, Morphix, and Technomagic respectively.
- Currently, Aisha and Flora are the only members of the Winx who have not been turned evil.
- The first was Bloom toward the end of the second season after she was corrupted by Lord Darkar's minion and forced into becoming Dark Bloom.
- Second was Tecna in the Season 5 episode "The Sirenix Book" when she was turned into a robot.
- Third was Musa four episodes later in "Secret of the Ruby Reef" when she was turned into a mutant seal by Tritannus.
- Fourth was Stella in the Season 6 episode "Queen for a Day" when her mind was corrupted by Selina's Magic Mirror.
- Half of the Winx are members of royalty, though, this is raised to sixty-percent in both the comics and the 4Kids dub of the show. In Winx on Ice: The Novel of the Show, it is implied that all the Winx fairies are princesses.
- For most of the older comic issues, Tecna is made the princess of her home realm. This is later changed in Issue 90 when she inexplicably loses her royal status to match her original TV series counterpart.
- In the 4Kids dub, Musa is made the Princess of the Harmonic Nebula. Following the debut of the realm's true princess, Galatea, in Season 3, it is revealed that Musa's father, Ho-Boe gave up his royal status as prince to be with Matlin. Even following this logic, Musa could not officially be considered a princess because once Ho-Boe gave up his royal status, his descendants would never be able to regain royal status and would be seen as commoners.
- Taking Roxy into account during her short time as an officially recognized Winx Club member in the comics, four out of seven of the Winx girls would be princesses.
- Roxy's status as an official member of the Winx Club was not made clear until Season 5, where she played little to no part in the overall plot and barely interacted with the Winx.
- Supposedly, Roxy was set to become the seventh member of the Winx Club. Many signs point to this initially being the case with Season 4 having major focus on her as a character and thus, her relationship with the Winx, similarly to Aisha in Season 2. The episode titled "7: The Perfect Number" also seems to reflect this, however, due to negative fan backlash, Roxy was written out of being the next Winx and, come her next appearance in Season 5, she was relegated to a minor background role with little to no lines.
- In many of her early appearances in the Winx Club Comic Series—specifically, her debut issue—Bloom states that she is, in fact, a member of the Club. Despite this though, Roxy makes little to no appearances once the comics begin to take place during and after the events of Season 5 like in the animated series.
- Coincidentally, in all of the English dubs, at least one of the Winx girls shares the same voice actress with a member of the Trix.
- In the 4Kids dub, Caren Manuel voices Stella and Darcy while Lisa Ortiz voices Musa and Icy.
- In the Cinélume dub, both Sarah McCullough and Anik Matern voice Musa and Stormy.
- In the Dubbing Brothers dub, Becca Ordonez-Zagorin voices Stella and Darcy in the third movie.
- In the DuArt dub, Haven Paschall voices Bloom and Darcy in Season 7.
- In World of Winx, Musa and Flora are the only Winx members whose Nemeses are made to exploit the weaknesses of their respective powers rather than their personal or emotional weaknesses.
- According to Zarathustra in the Season 2 episode "Twinning with the Witches":
- Bloom is Tecna's worst match.
- Flora is Aisha's worst match.
- Stella is Musa's worst match.
- Her claims prove to be somewhat ironic in the case of Aisha and Flora, who often consider the other to be their best friend within the Winx Club on the show's official website. Though, this could also prove that, despite being each other's "worst match," Flora and Aisha grow close to the point of being best friends anyway, working past their clashing differences. Though it has been shown that Musa and Aisha are generally close with each other.
- Throughout both 2015 and 2016, each Winx member had a birthday video uploaded onto the official Winx Club YouTube channel to celebrate their birthdays.