After a few attempts to make Squonk and Amarok become friends, the Winx use their Stones of Memories to travel back to Medieval Italy, where a very special animal species called Quillcat used to live.
To protect the Quillcat from Brafilius, the Winx travel back to medieval Italy where they are asked to play fairies in a play.
Helia and Nex attempt to dissuade their girlfriends from trying to set up a playdate with their respective Fairy Animals, saying it is too soon, though it is disagreed upon with the girls, who believe that now is just as good a time as any to do so. Though initially it works out well, Squonk quickly gets intimidated by Amarok's fangs, causing yet another setback. Nex makes disparaging remarks about the situation and Squonk's appearance when told off by Aisha, causing Squonk to cry and knock the boys down with its tears, which calms Squonk down. Amarok saw this as an opportunity to have fun, causing a big mess in the common area, frustrating Flora. Helia tries to diffuse her anger, though rather unsuccessfully. The rest of the Winx walk in on the situation with much confusion which Helia quickly dismisses, using his paper cranes to comfort Amarok, much to Flora's displeasure. The Winx proceed to Roxy's room for their latest mission.
- The Winx travel back in time to save another fairy animal, the Quillcat.
- The Winx find out that magic was forbidden in the middle ages.
- The Quillcat was wanted as it used its magical abilities to protect itself from predators and humans.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Orlando.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Critty.
- This is the first time the Winx come across a Quillcat.
- Critty was called 'him' when the Winx first found her, although her gender was female.
- In few scenes, Tecna's wings are green instead of purple.
- In one scene, Flora's wings are pink instead of green.
- In the same scene, Stella's wings are purple instead of pink.
- In one scene, Aisha's hair at the back are missing.
“Do you think this is a joke?”